I have a friend who eats plain sugar. Yes, the white, granulated kind. What are the health repercussions?

1. Eaten almost daily

2. Amount - probably 6-8 tablespoons per day (or more)

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Addiction. Sugar addiction is hard to get over, but it can be done.

He is putting in empty calories. There is no nutrition. He will get obese if he is not already.

Sugar eating does NOT cause diabetes. It is a myth. Obesity can cause all kinds of probs. He will get teeth problems too. As a friend you should help him to stop.

• summer
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Does she just eat it straight with a spoon? That's weird if that's that you're saying. Otherwise, it's not that unusual. People who drink sugar in their coffee probably have at least that much everyday, and you don't even want to know how many spoonfuls of sugar are in a Coke or Pepsi. It's probably not a good idea to have that much refined sugar everyday, it causes weight gain and can lead to insulin resistance and heart disease. If you are really concerned about her, introduce her to healthier forms of sugar (but stay away from artificial ones like Aspartame). The health problems excess sugar can cause are not a given and often come under many other conditions. She may not have any problems with her health, but it isn't really worth risking.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

yes its regular white sugar, but some recipes will call for different types and there is a difference in raw which is before they make it into the white granulated kind and course sugar as well so hope this provides a little more knowledge of the various sugars available and referred to in recipes.

• 1 decade ago

Tooth decay!!! Your friend wants dentures??

and the difference between eating a lot of candy bars, drinking Route 44 cokes and eating that much sugar is What?? Nothing!!! My grandson always wants a huge plate of french fries!! Same thing as eating sugar from the sugar bowl. It all has the same effect on the bod.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I also have a friend who does this.

In fact... a whole glass

it was rather disgusting lolol.

Well depending on the person its different on the effects tbh..

i wouldnt advise they do it though?

Give them an energy drink or chocolate instead to increase sugar levels (:

• 1 decade ago

Well i cant tell you much because i dont know much but she could become fat or overweight from it wich isnt probley what she wants and thats gota taste horrible id steal all the sugar from her house How much does she wieght???

and IF shes eating sugar doesnt mean shes diabetic could just mean she like it i used to love to eat sugar before i was diagnosed so its probally just the love of sugar usually you can tell if shes diabetic becuase shed be eating alot but gaining no wieght just losing it

• 1 decade ago

If your friend is young, it may not be harming them at all. But this is not an eating habit you want to take into later life. Eating refined sugars can lead to diabetes, tooth decay, and heart disease.

• 1 decade ago

tell her that she will get fat eating that and that usualy sends the message

it sounds odd but put some peer pressure on her

and is this a story where the friend is actual you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Diabettes!

its defanitly not healthy.

cavities!

and it depends how long he/she has been doing this.

stop her/him!

does he/she eat fruits and vegetables daily or just sugar all day!

and thats very eww.

someone has to stop he/she.

and if you did you would be a very good friend.

maybe even save their life!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is not good for you. sugar is sugar plain or in candy, If I had a kid that did that I would put it away where they can't reach it. It wont kill you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.