homework question !! PLZ HELP ! 10 points if you answer?

can you please write an ANALOGY of each word?

heres an example- APPARITON- ghost is to human as apparition is to person ghost:human:apparition:person

..........................................................

here are the words:

AGHAST

AROMATIC

BLEAK

CONCOCT

DOGGEDLY

EERIE

HYSTERIA

INTRICATE

LAGACY

MELANCHOLY

PRESTIGIOUS

RENOVATE

SKIRMISH

SOLEMN

TIRADE

TREMOR

VAIN

VALIANT

WALLOW

WAVER

thanks so much !!

i will pick the best answer and i will give five stars !!!

THANKS !!

FYI- I DONT GE IT !!!

OUR TEACHER GAVE US THE EXAMPLE AND WE COULDNT ASK HER ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!

SO IF YOU COULD PLZ HELP ME AND NOT SAY DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK BECAUSE THIS IS JUST A PART OF HOMEWORK I ALSO HAVE TO DO DEFFINITION, PICTURE, SYNONYMS, CONNECTIONS...

IM NOT ASKING FOR THAT, I CAN DO IT MYSELF I JUST DONT GET ANALOGY !!!

Favorite Answer

Yahoo is to answers as BLEAK is to your FUTURE!!!! Do your homework.

EDIT:

Analogy is both the cognitive process of transferring information from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), and a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process. In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from a particular to another particular, as opposed to deduction, induction, and abduction, where at least one of the premises or the conclusion is general.

First, define all the words, meaning look up what they mean, so in the example APPARITION means:supernatural appearance of a person or thing, esp. a ghost; a specter or phantom; wraith: a ghostly apparition at midnight Get how they got it?

Another example: Dog is to fur as bird is to ____

You say, well, a dog is covered by its fur; what is a bird covered by? Hopefully, the answer "feathers" will come up.

Note that *order* is very important in these things.

Another: So if the analogy were "wheel: car _____ : horse" (and I just made that up so it probably isn't very good) I'd make a sentence that explained what a wheel has to do with a car: "THere are four wheels on a car." I'd plug in "horse" in the second sentence and fill in the blank: There are four ____ on a horse. Obviously a visual could help... it's stronger because it's wheels and legs that both help the horse and car move, respectively.

Think about how two things that seem unrelated might be alike. For instance, How is a dishwasher like a tree? In what ways is a hot dog like a shoe?

At first it might seem as though these have nothing in common, but after some thought, you can see how they relate. For example, the tree and dishwasher both need water and they clean things. The hot dog and the shoe are both long and thin, made from animals, and go with another object (a shoe with a foot and a hot dog with a bun).

Hope this helps!

You need to do your own homework, if you dont get it now, what makes you think your going to pass the class..

he he he

just kididing,

I really need the 10 points, but dont know how to get the answer if I knew I would have helped you!! sowy =[

do ur own homework - it will only take 10 minutes as most - geez others have social lives too!