Does anyone know the meaning of the song Apologize by Timbaland and One Republic?

I've heard that it's about two people being in love, and the girl doesn't always love the guy, but then when the girl comes back and lets the guy know he DOES love her, he says "It's too late to apologize" and another reason why I heard this was what it was about, was because the one part it goes " I loved you with the a fire red-Now it's turning blue"

can anyone help me with what this song is REALLY about?

Favorite Answer

Ryan Tedder which is the lead singer said that the song apologize is exploring the personal pain of multiple relationships gone away and the necessity of moving on.

properly on myspace that's what they pronounced related to the song ask for forgiveness... The song "ask for forgiveness" explores the internal maximum soreness of countless relationships long previous away and the choose of shifting on. So i assume it quite is the actual meaning of it.

Personally, I thought it was about a guy who killed himself over someone? It appears that way to me.... and that it was "too late to apologize" to whoever that had driven him that way.

But songs can be interpreted in many different ways, so I could be wrong.

on their myspace it says: the song "explores the personal pain of multiple relationships gone awry and the necessity of moving on"

hope it helps a lil

basically, it means that it's too late to apologize. it's too bad one had to act like that and then all of a sudden, try to run back and apologize b/c by then, it's too late.