Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Why does my 10 year old Mini Schnauzer get close to the front of the space heater?

My dog likes to be in front of the space heater while I am on the computer. I am always there with her but I am worried she might get too close. I just had her groomed with a kennel cut. Should I get her a sweater to keep her warm?

Favorite Answer

She is probably cold as you have had her hair cut, perhaps a little jacket or sweater is in order. She may also feel the cold as she is aging, or a combination of both, but she also wants to be close to you.

Why would YOU sit in front of a space heater? She's probably cold! She also probably wants to be close to you. She may or may not like a sweater, it depends on the dog, but if she doesn't like the sweater idea so much, invest in a squishy dog bed and place it near the heater, but not right next to it. Or even cheaper, just set her in your lap while you're on the computer. =)

she's OLD. she's probably COLD. i grew up with six different breeds of dog, and i'd say definitely go with the sweater.