Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Did you begin making Christmas cookies yet?

Or any other dish that you make special for this time of the year?

Favorite Answer

I made my first batch of the year last week. I make a big Christmas dinner, but nothing unusual.

Nope. We'll probably do that next weekend.

My family does a LOT in the way of food for the holidays.

Each year, we bake 3 to 4 types of cookies, make homemade chocolate covered pretzels, puppy chow -- the kind for people; not the kind for animals, caramel corn, brownies, a couple types of chocolate wedges, cupcakes or berry muffins, usually some type of pie, rice krispie treats, fudge, granola bars.. etc. I can't even list all of it. Lol.

We also make, of course, the basic Christmas dinner foods. Usually we have a couple of meat courses, several salads, etc.

It's odd, though. Christmas is the time of year when most people eat a TON, and in fact I hardly eat ANYTHING during the Christmas season.

Dewd.

I think I'm weird. :[

Ehh. Whatever. It's fun being weird.

• Rachel

I'm going to be making holiday biscotti for Christmas. I haven't made it before but watched Giada on the Food Network do it and it looked easy and good. Of course, they make everything look easy - we'll see how I do.

Yesterday I visited my Mom and she was baking her Christmas cookies so I helped decorate. Love this time of the year!!

Gingerbread Cookies

Not yet, I actually make cupcakes which I deliver to the 200 people that live in my condominum building (hey, I get kinda bored all alone) and I've only found a few recipes.

• Of course. I haven't made the creme de menthe pies yet, though...that comes next weekend. I've already made several batches of caramel toffee corn and peanut brittle, buckeyes, cookies in general, and fudge (I'm Michiganian, fudge is my life). I also make some kind of Dutch holiday bread (woohoo, us Dutchies are AWESOME!) that is very rich and has fruits in it, but I forgot the name.

me, my 4 girls and 2 of my adult friends with 1 child each made them Friday. we did';

rice krispy treats drizzled in peppermint green and red frosting

praline pecans

buttermilk pralines

x-mas cut outs

chocolate chip cookies

green spritz wreath with red hots baked in them

chocolate fudge

butterscotch fudge

chocolate penutbutter fudge with pecans

homemade chocolate suckers.

I always make "gifts" out of them for each bus driver, each teacher, the mailman, the old neighbors, Granparents (with a fruit basket), and for our best friends(their family)

It is a tradition for us 3 ladies to get the kids together and they look forward to it every year. We start in the am when the kds are in school. Then everyone comes over whoevers house after school till about 11 pm. Then the next morning we meet back and devide up all the goodies.

Make a paste of the curry powder and chilli powder with the lemon juice. Dry Fry the whole seeds for 1 minute on high heat. Add the oil and fry the onion and 1 cayenne chilli on a medium heat until golden. Add the curry and chilli powder paste and stir in and fry for a further 30 secs. Add the meat pieces and seal well on both sides. Add half the Massalla Gravy, Tomatoes, Pepper, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Now add the sugar and chillies and simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring constantly. If the needed add more massalla gravy to prevent the curry becoming too thick. Now crush in the garlic clove, add the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute and then add half the lemon juice, stir in and taste, add the rest of the lemon juice if needed. Serve with the whole coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.

I had to make 6 dozen for a Senior outreach program at my church, so I made extra with that....my plan was to freeze them for Christmas eve, but we ate most of them....I sent some to the neighbors too.

I've already gone through 3 batches of rum balls and 2 batches of ginger snaps! Everyone demands them. Especially the rum balls!