What do i need?

I want to be a vet. What do i need to do? I am 11 years old. I have a dog and i know a lot bout animals. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

If this is seriously something you want to do, then great! What you'll need to do is not only do well in school, but spend time with animals, whether volenteering at a shelter, or an animal hostpital (which you probably won't be able to do until your older). If you take your dog to the vet, don't be afraid to ask the doctor questions, like "How do you do this" or "Is this a normal procedure", they'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to know

okey you might want to volunteer at a shelter for the time being...when you get into highschool science and math you will focus on more...take AP classes to like AP biology...after that you will either go to community college take your basics then transfer to a university...or if you just want to go to a university, try to find a school that has a vet program. Good luck :)

• As Rob said, do well in school get good grades then you can go on to college and do a special course on veterinary. A lot of my friends do it. Good luck in future

Do well in school and wait till you're 18 to make this decision.

fallow your dreams. dont let anyone tear you down