Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

Left side of face hurts?

The left side of my face has started hurting more today. I think it's the sinus' because i'm only blowing my nose on my left nostril aswell. My right side and nostril is fine. What could be the problem? It also hurts a little when i chew(jaw) but the pain is just under my eyes the most.

Favorite Answer

It's your sinuses I bet. Mine do the same thing. It's my left side. I have a deviated septum that blocks that side so just a little stuffiness and poof, pain central. It will cause pressure through the jaw and up through the ear and make your eyes feel and sometimes look swollen. May need to get script for a steroidal nasal spray. Over the counter Advil Sinus works great to dry up the yuck and help with the pain since it has an anti-inflammatory. Hope it helps. (if it keeps on, see your doctor or if possible, an Ear Nose & Throat doctor if it is a continual thing.

Source(s): Nurse-LPN

Face Hurts

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Left side of face hurts?

Source(s): left side face hurts: https://biturl.im/VOIHZ
  • red

Sinuses are located in the holes in your face - incuding under the eyes. Try a hot steamy shower. If that doesn't relieve it, draw a pot or teapot of water, put a towel over your head and breath in the steam. Don't take more than 3 deep breaths at a time, but it often takes a bit of time to have this work. Do not spray water up your nose, but you can try a nasal spray and/or a sinus medicine. Ask your pharmacist what may work.

The mouth pain is from TMJ and the other pains are from tight muscles in your neck. When your neck muscles are tight they also restrict the throat. Your neck muscles go to the top of your head so they also pass right inside of your ear so if they are tight there they can be pressing on the nerves for your ears. Here's how to free up those muscles to get rid of these pain by releasing them: Jaw muscles, TMJ: Put your fingers on your head so your thumbs are behind your ears. Press into the back of your jaw next to the skull and hold that pressure. After 30 seconds slowly raise your head until your neck is fully extended then open your mouth as far as you can. Release the pressure but hold your head and mouth like that for another 30 seconds. Neck Put your hands alongside your head so your thumbs are on the front of the muscle under your ear and your fingers are on the back of the muscle behind your head. Squeeze your thumb and fingers together and hold. Relax your body. When your fingers and thumb touch, about two minutes, slowly lower your head as far as you can, release the pressure but hold your neck lowered for another 30 seconds. For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

sounds like you need to get a humidifier or boil some water and breathe some steam but not on full boil of course. You need to moisturize your nasal cavities and you may have an infection but the infection will not leave if the body cannot natually eject the mucous that is in your sinus if it is dryed up and putting pressure on your sinuses also.

Sounds like sinuses to me, too. You can try taking over-the-counter medicines like Ibuprofen and see if helps your discomfort. Try putting a warm washcloth on it and see if that helps. If the pain and swelling doesn't go away in a few days, you might want to see a doctor for antihistamines, before you get an infection.

Anywhere on the lower part of your left body hurting? Also, as a child did you possibly have chicken pox or did you have the vaccination? If you actually had the disease - this is sounding a bit like shingles. You should have this checked out. Shingles affects the nerves, which is what causes the pain. It comes out later, because the chicken pox virus actually remains in the body dormant. However, if you had the vaccine, you have nothing to worry about.

Sounds like you have an inflamed Right nostril, which believe it or not is causing the left to overwork, if it is cold where you are try to cover up, Nurofen can help but if persists ge antibiotics from Doc

Yes, sounds like your sinuses.

IT hurts when you chew because your sinuses are so darn close to the roots of your teeth.

If it does not clear up in a few days see your doc.