dg3530509 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

how can i improve my basketball skill over the winter?

Favorite Answer

Just like you do in the summer.....Dress warm, shovel snow off your court so you can play.....all basketball greats will tell you winter never stoped them.

good question! i'm having trouble with that too. i'm playing for my high school team but i feel like i need to improve my skills too. for ball handling i dribble in my garage. conditioning i get enough of during practice. shooting is a problem though. even if i dress warm, i can't wear gloves or anything b/c it messes up my shot and my hands are soo cold i can't shoot outside when it's that cold(i live in ny, its in the 20's and 30's now). what i do do is i lay on my bed and i have a basketball in my room and i just kinda shoot it straight up and catch it and try to have it land on my nose. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xWcIbJHMcio

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related go to about 2 mins. you can also work out and get into better shape. get stronger, more explosive, more flexible, in better shape. you can do wall sits for conditioning inside too.

good luck

Play indoors.

I would try watchin the pros (NBA) and workin out, to build the muscles, which will defiantly help you with your game.

practice ball handling in your basment if u have one...or go to a gym.

go to the nearest bbal court or take lessons

rec league