dg3530509 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

how can i improve my basketball skill over the winter?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just like you do in the summer.....Dress warm, shovel snow off your court so you can play.....all basketball greats will tell you winter never stoped them.

• 1 decade ago

good question! i'm having trouble with that too. i'm playing for my high school team but i feel like i need to improve my skills too. for ball handling i dribble in my garage. conditioning i get enough of during practice. shooting is a problem though. even if i dress warm, i can't wear gloves or anything b/c it messes up my shot and my hands are soo cold i can't shoot outside when it's that cold(i live in ny, its in the 20's and 30's now). what i do do is i lay on my bed and i have a basketball in my room and i just kinda shoot it straight up and catch it and try to have it land on my nose. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xWcIbJHMcio

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related go to about 2 mins. you can also work out and get into better shape. get stronger, more explosive, more flexible, in better shape. you can do wall sits for conditioning inside too.

good luck

• 1 decade ago

Play indoors.

• 1 decade ago

I would try watchin the pros (NBA) and workin out, to build the muscles, which will defiantly help you with your game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

practice ball handling in your basment if u have one...or go to a gym.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go to the nearest bbal court or take lessons

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

rec league

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.