I want to move to New York is that a good choice.....?

My bf of 6 yrs just broke up with me two days ago. i feel like i am going to die from all this hurt. i think i need a change. I think it will help is i move far away from him. We live in florida now. i never been to ny but my heart and mind is telling me to go.......

Favorite Answer

Then pack up and go!

It's always a refreshing feeling to pick up and start somewhere new. If that is what you think will help you then go on and do it. Are you thinking the city? I love new york but I live upstate but I'm sure anywhere is great.

Just remember... you move up here now and you will get snow and lots of it. So if you don't like snow...

New York's a big city... and it's a happening city. If you go best make a few friends connections cause it you can get aliented in the big apple. But if your really feel like going there you should go. However this is a lifechanging decision and I'm not sure why you chose to put it on Yahoo Answers. If you decide not to go to New York there are other cities across America you can go to. And if not in America you can even go to cities in Canada (trust me it doesn't snow ALL the time, only from December to March) and if that's not your taste try Europe. It's a big world out there and you shouldn't restrict yourself to one choice. Get out and explore before you make a decision. Best of luck

Do you have a lot of money? If so, NY is great

If you are going to be working 9 to 5 to support yourself...NY is hell on earth. Crowded, dirty, noisey cold, dark. crime ridden (organized and otherwise), expensive and you will be spending large parts of your day in the subway, which smells like urine.

Come here instead....we can always use another lonely woman. :-)