Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

I am desperate to make friends but I cannot find anything to talk about when I meet people.?

What can I do? I am really lonely but I cannot open up with people or meet new friends. Help.

Favorite Answer

You start off with small talk. Just trivial things.

I know it sounds and feels a bit corny, but after a while the conversation will drift more to certain things that interest you and one or more of the others too.

Also join a club or group that you're interested in and then conversations have an easier start as the topic is centered around the group interest.

Let them talk about themselves and you be a good listener. Honestly, some people do not listen as they are busy in their own minds thinking of what they are going to say next. They are actually tuning out the other person. You may find that you have a lot of common interests that will allow you to ask question about how, what, where and when. You will overcome your shyness and be on your way to conversing and making friends.

Talk about music, sports, television shows, interesting things. And always be yourself.

go find someone and then go hang out or do any interesting activity first and then have a talk..

don't be so shy and never speak rubbish!

gewd luck!

the weather, the news, current events, common interest.

talk about a common interest or a tv show or something.......