Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Help!!! Horse Ate Twine!!!?

What Do I Do?

she broke in her feed room & ate all the hay which was a new bale, and i only found one piece of twine!!! & she is swishing her tail alot!

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

Nothing. You know what twine is made of.

Are you sure he ate it? Horses are usually pretty particular in what they eat, I cant imagine my horse getting ahold of twine and actually eating it.

did he chew it up? If he chewed it up like most anything they eat I would imagine he will pass it fine.

I still cant believe a horse would EAT twine, mine noses out his supplements out of his grain, so for him to eat something as large as twine I would see if there is some underlying reason why he would try to ingest that.

Source(s): horse owner of a 24 yr old appy who is so smart he would take the twine and tie his 'brother' to the fence with it just to be a brat.

How long ago did he eat the twine? Are you 100% positive that he swallowed it? Is he showing signs of colic?

if a horse swallows stuff like that it can be deadly, horses cannot throw up so this could cause colic. call the vet immediately