Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Help!!! Horse Ate Twine!!!?

What Do I Do?

Update:

she broke in her feed room & ate all the hay which was a new bale, and i only found one piece of twine!!! & she is swishing her tail alot!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing. You know what twine is made of.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are you sure he ate it? Horses are usually pretty particular in what they eat, I cant imagine my horse getting ahold of twine and actually eating it.

did he chew it up? If he chewed it up like most anything they eat I would imagine he will pass it fine.

I still cant believe a horse would EAT twine, mine noses out his supplements out of his grain, so for him to eat something as large as twine I would see if there is some underlying reason why he would try to ingest that.

Source(s): horse owner of a 24 yr old appy who is so smart he would take the twine and tie his 'brother' to the fence with it just to be a brat.
  • 1 decade ago

How long ago did he eat the twine? Are you 100% positive that he swallowed it? Is he showing signs of colic?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if a horse swallows stuff like that it can be deadly, horses cannot throw up so this could cause colic. call the vet immediately

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.