Law or Bill about smoking ban in public places?

Is there a law or a bill that has been passed or not yet passed about smoking ban in public places, like restaurants and parking facilities and about 1000 ft away from building entrances.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes- in Ohio we have a no smoking ban which affects public buildings, restaurants, etc. It's wonderful!

Source(s): www.odh.state.ohio.alerts/ohiosmokingban
  • kvcar2
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Louisville Kentucky passed an ordinance governing smoking in public places, which passed, I believe in 2006 (see www.louisvilleky.gov). It involved a lengthy public and legislative process when passed and was recently revisited to close a loophole that exempted Churchill Downs. While strongly opposed by the food and beverage industry it had significant public support. The state of Arizona also passed a statewide ban, although some cities, such as Flagstaff, already had ordinances in place restricting smoking in public places.

• 1 decade ago

Most States have passed smoking in public places laws.

• 1 decade ago

The last that I heard, it was all public buildings, and within so many feet of the doors. but I do not think it has passed yet.. I am all for it. I do not smoke and will not let any one blow smoke in my face.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

in my state it is 15 feet away from entrances. it goes into effect on jan 1st. it depends on the state, but i think 1000 feet is probably wrong. if they did that no one could smoke anywhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.