Law or Bill about smoking ban in public places?

Is there a law or a bill that has been passed or not yet passed about smoking ban in public places, like restaurants and parking facilities and about 1000 ft away from building entrances.

Favorite Answer

Yes- in Ohio we have a no smoking ban which affects public buildings, restaurants, etc. It's wonderful!

Source(s): www.odh.state.ohio.alerts/ohiosmokingban
  • kvcar2

Louisville Kentucky passed an ordinance governing smoking in public places, which passed, I believe in 2006 (see www.louisvilleky.gov). It involved a lengthy public and legislative process when passed and was recently revisited to close a loophole that exempted Churchill Downs. While strongly opposed by the food and beverage industry it had significant public support. The state of Arizona also passed a statewide ban, although some cities, such as Flagstaff, already had ordinances in place restricting smoking in public places.

Most States have passed smoking in public places laws.

The last that I heard, it was all public buildings, and within so many feet of the doors. but I do not think it has passed yet.. I am all for it. I do not smoke and will not let any one blow smoke in my face.

in my state it is 15 feet away from entrances. it goes into effect on jan 1st. it depends on the state, but i think 1000 feet is probably wrong. if they did that no one could smoke anywhere.