Do you keep letters?

Most people seem to use e-mail or typed letters for writing these days, I understand the convenience of this but myself and my personal friends always send hand written letters when writing to each other as we agree that hand written letters are still a nice personal touch.

When an e-mail letter is no longer needed it’s also very easy to dispose of, as you just need to press the delete button. With hand written letters my friends seem to have such a reluctance to dispose of them and they all seem to hoard them all for years.

When I have finished with their letters I just tear them up into as small pieces as I can tear them. Do you all do as I do or are you like my friends and hoard letters forever!

Favorite Answer

i keep the cards and letters my friends send me, i love their handwriting and the sweet stickman they doodle at the corners of the paper, and of course a loopy signature reminding me that they love me :) i have a secret drawer for all of that paper, its embarrassing.

This reminds of a question i asked about whether letter writing by hand is important anymore

I say this now and i say it later, if you will that i love a handwritten letter from a friend because opening it is like a precious gift being unwrapped for the first time just like a mother seeing her newborn baby for the first time or a father holding his newborn baby for the first time. I try to keep my letters because ill always cherish them. I also love communication by email also because i can make new friends through emails. Have precious day.

I keep them because they mean something to me and you never know what is going to happen in life later. I have birthday cards from grandparents that are no longer with me but I love to pull out the letters or cards from them to feel close to them again. I have been doing this since I was in elementary school. I encourage my kids to do the same thing. But I think that it is a purely personal decision.

My new wife has old love letters from other guys and photos, It makes me uneasy inside, even knowing she is now my wife. I told her to get that crap out of my house and so far she has made a half ditch effort to do so. I have nothing against memories but the sex photos and nasty talk in the letters have got to go or she does.

I keep most of my letters. I even printed out a few emails just because of what the person wrote to me. Some are very special :)

interesting question...

I hoard letters from my loved ones and special friends. I file them up. I never delete email letters from my friends and loved ones either.

I'm exactly the same.I keep all the hand-written letters from my friends/family.They have a sentimental value,i don't want to get rid of them.

haha wow... i use email... because it is so much easier.. why would u trust a mail man to deliver ur mail... or he could accidently give it to someone else or it can get lost and damaged with a email u get it right when u send it and it can b safe but i understand where u *** from...

We all keep some form of paperwork, it all depends on the reason for keeping.

I keep that ones that might come in handy in court.