Determine the Best Fit Model?

I'm supposed to determine the best fit model for a scatter plot I made, and I need to know how to do that. I know how to find a line of best fit, but what's a best fit model? Here's a quote of what I have to do, "After you have your data, you are to put the data into a chart, create a scatter plot and determine the best-fit model. Using your model, predict the winning time, distance, or height in the 2020 Olympics". Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I think it has to do with choosing the regression. So after you create the scatter plot, determine the regression to predict the 2020 Olympics.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Determine the Best Fit Model?

I'm supposed to determine the best fit model for a scatter plot I made, and I need to know how to do that. I know how to find a line of best fit, but what's a best fit model? Here's a quote of what I have to do, "After you have your data, you are to put the data into a chart,...

Source(s): determine fit model: https://shortly.im/nLuhc

So is it a linear model or none of the above???