Do I need any Permits or License to buy a 22 Semi-Auto Rifle in Texas?

I want to purchase a rifle for squirrel hunting and I want to be legal.

Favorite Answer

Permit. not that I'm aware of. one way or there, when you get the rifle, it's a simple form, you fill out. it more or less tells that gov. you have one. AND I DO HAVE A 22 RIFLE. the only time i need a permit, is when you get your small game hunting license. Coyotes are legal to shoot if they are a pest.

no but there is a federal form for felons,I don't know if that is for handguns only or rifles too

dove season begins dec24 through jan 4

in the central zone I like that

good luck from Fort Worth

you do need a hunting license and get the Parks and wildlife handbook to check on hunting seasons ,might be one for squirrels I am not sure though g

get both at walmart

No, Texas respects the Constitutional Rights you have more than almost any other state. The Feds require a quick background check, it will take 15 minutes and you can walk out the door with your new rifle.

• H

All you need is to be 18 or older, fill out the questionaire and pass the background check and have the asking price for your .22 rifle. For handguns it is 21+ years of age.

Best.

H

• WC

No, not to buy.