I'm having trouble removing a program from my computer.?

I have tried Add/remove programs but I keep getting an error message saying that another application has exclusive access to the file,and it tells me to shut down all other applications and try again.Help!!

Favorite Answer

the program is probably running, ctrl-alt-del, search applications if there, then end task, or it may be in the processes try to locate and end it. then you should be able remove the software.

Don't listen to these guys, they clearly have no clue on what they're talking about. I am a developer at Microsoft so I know a thing or two about computers. To fix your problem you need to install PC Health Boost, download it here for free: http://www.healthboostpc.com/

It's very light and it's the only antivirus/cleaner with a 99.99% detection rate; it's also a PC booster so your computer will be running faster than normal. Install it, hit run and problem solved. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

• ?

It means that next to clock you have an icon of the program you wand to remove which you have to exit first and after that uninstall from Add and Remove.

find out if some other doc depends on this type of file.if yes remove it first then uninstall the target program.