Mimi B
Mimi B asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Has It Occurred To Anyone That Bush May Not Leave WhiteHouse?

I read something that said he may use a "state of emergency"

ruse, or some other tactic, to avoid handing over the presidency in '08, and continue on with the Cheney regime.

I hadn't thought of it but now that it has been mentioned I

can't help but think it sounds horribly possible.

Favorite Answer

The scenario you mention has been speculated. It works like this. Some time after the primaries are held and there are two main candidates, a false flag attack occurs on US soil that equals or exceeds the severity of 9-11. The president asks for emergency powers and one or the other candidates supports him and suggest that the election can wait till the emergency is resolved. Rumors spread of a mass underground organization within the US and parts of the constitution are suspended (primarily the bill of rights) Effectively we have a coup.

I personally don't trust my government but I don't believe they are that bad. Or that organized come to think of it.

I do not take this particular idea seriously. I like to speculate on possible scenarios but it doesn't mean I believe in them. for someone to pull this off in secret they would have to be so powerful and all reaching already that they really wouldn't gain anything by a coup. They would have to pretty much completely control our country already so whats the point?

I think that Bush is just as excited to leave the White House as the 70% of Americans who hate him are. After the last eight years hes probably ready for some peace and quiet.

• Eyes

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind several times but I try to think more pleasant things.

Research it and you'll find some interesting facts about that.

Despite what you may have heard Bush hasn't gone that nutty on the constitution

and people talked about this with Bill Clinton (especially the Larouche people)

That is about the most scary thought I have had this year! Just a few flicks of the wrist, and we have gone from a Representative Republic to a dictatorship! We will soon be like China: Lots of cheap stuff to buy, low wages, no money to spend, and no right to say "NO!" when some government official yells "JUMP!".

I would not doubt it if Cheney-er-Bush would try something like that to remain president.

• fsfa

That's no worse than the idea of having Slick Willie in there for another eight years.

Nah it won't happen. With so many people hating him in this country you'd think he can't WAIT to get out of office.

;-)

Whatever, the peaceful transfer of power will take place, as It has since the beginning of our country's history.

Oh great another leftist nut who doesn't realize that there are people in this world that hate this country. I wish I could bury my head in the sand like all you and give everyone a big hug and everything would be fine.