Why is it that no one at Panera knows what kind of apples they serve?

This truly happened. I have bee to 2 separate Panera restaurants and they each did not know what kind of apple they served. The first establishment said "There are different kinds of apples??" The second time, I figured, hey, this guy is a MANAGER of sorts. He should know. I've worked in... show more This truly happened. I have bee to 2 separate Panera restaurants and they each did not know what kind of apple they served. The first establishment said "There are different kinds of apples??"

The second time, I figured, hey, this guy is a MANAGER of sorts. He should know. I've worked in restaurant before and they have to order this stuff, usually from a local producer. You have to tell them what kind of apple you wan them to deliver. His answer was the best.

"Its .... uh ... red ... you know, like a fruit. LIKE A FRUIT??!! Yeah, cause I thought I was gonna get an Apple computer with my sandwich instead of chips. Ohhhh, oh, wait. You must of thought I was talking about those apple sandwiches. Yeah. Thats it.

With the helpfulness of the wonderful sandwich staff (no sarcasm intended), I did get to look at the apples, and they look like *maybe* fuji or gala.
Update: Actually, I cant stand the taste of mcintosh apples, so I didn't want to waste my money. No one would think it rude if I asked what kind of chips? I figured the manager would know. I didn't ask the staff anymore after the first person didn't know because I didn't want to bother anyone. The second... show more Actually, I cant stand the taste of mcintosh apples, so I didn't want to waste my money. No one would think it rude if I asked what kind of chips? I figured the manager would know. I didn't ask the staff anymore after the first person didn't know because I didn't want to bother anyone. The second set of staff I asked, I happened to know them, so I wondered if they knew.
Update 3: AND! The question didn't say I was snotty to the working people at Panera. I am being a bit snotty on the question, cause, well, I am surprised at the manager's response. I am more surprised that Panera marketing and training didn't make sure they knew what kind of apples they provided. They are... show more AND!
The question didn't say I was snotty to the working people at Panera. I am being a bit snotty on the question, cause, well, I am surprised at the manager's response. I am more surprised that Panera marketing and training didn't make sure they knew what kind of apples they provided. They are trained about all sorts of things, and their salads indicate the apple-type in it. I understand the working persons plight. I did service work for many many years and I was not snotty! So thpppt! This is me being snotty.