Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Biblical verse supporting female masturbation....?

Lol...this may sound like a foolish question but it's serious. I was wondering if there is any biblical verse that says that female masturbation is wrong. I don't want people to say "it's lustful, so its a sin" I want to see the proof written in the book

Please and Thank You.

Best Answer

The Bible tells us to avoid even the appearance of sexual immorality (Ephesians 5:3). I do not see how masturbating can pass that particular test. Sometimes a good test for whether something is a sin or not is whether you would be proud to tell others what you had just done. If it is something you would be embarrassed or ashamed about if others found out, it is very likely that it is a sin. Another good test is to determine whether we can honestly, in good conscience, ask God to bless and use the particular activity for His own good purposes. I do not think masturbation qualifies as something we can be "proud" of or can genuinely thank God for.

The Bible teaches us, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31). If there is room for doubt as to whether it pleases God, then it is best to give it up. There is definitely room for doubt in regards to masturbation. "For whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

Bible Verses Against Masturbation

If God did not want us to feel pleasure then why did he make sex pleasurable? The same goes for masterbation. I believe God is much more concerned with your actions towards others then whether or not you want to touch yourself from time to time. Now, if you are pleasuring yourself and leaving your husband or wife alone all the time, or if you are forgetting about work and school and friends (in other words living) to stay home and play around with yourself, THEN you may have some explaining to do.

God is not an evil, overbearing man. God (or the gods) is loving, forgiving and understanding. God did not write the bible, MAN did and it has been changed in translation many times.

I ask myself this, #1 am I hurting anyone or myself? And #2 are my actions going to cause negative effects on the world? If the answers are no, then you're fine.

Source(s): My own brain, the one God gave me

The word 'masturbation' itself is not in the Bible.

However, Bible pronciples do cover it, just as many other things are covered that are not individually, specifically named.

Masturbation is a form of uncleanness. Its practice can make a person ‘slave to various desires & pleasures'. It also fosrters attitudes that can mentally corrupt an individual. (Titus 3:3) However, self-masturbation is not a form of gross sexual immorality, like fornication is. (Ephesians 4:19) So, if a person has the problem of masturbation, they needn't conclude that they've committed the unforgivable sin.

Ephesians 4:17-19 mentions:

"You no longer go on... [in] loose conduct... uncleanness of every sort... greediness".

2 Peter 1:5,6 says:

"...supply to your faith virtue, to [your] virtue knowledge, to [your] knowledge self-control...

Source(s): "How Can I Conquer This Habit--Masturbation?" http://watchtower.org/e/200611a/article_01.htm

there is not a verse that will say those exact words but there are verse that would lead one to believe that it could be wrong for example:

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil. and he will flee from you.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good and doth it not, to him it is sin.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Titus2:11&12 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lust, we should live soberly, righteously,and godly, in this present world.

Ephesians 5:11&12 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

1Corthinthians 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? ....

1Corinthians 6:17-20 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's

Galatians 5:22-24 But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, SELF CONTROL, against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires

• Phil F

I am not really sure how the Bible stands on it, but I am completely for it.

I have no shame in admitting to engaging in masturbation. All people do it. Probably even those who claim it is a sin.

There is no verse that marks masturbation as wrong for anyone. That is a proscription by repressed Xian leaders.

It's not proof even if it is written in any book because the books were written by people and their take on it is no more valid that yours. In fact probably a lot less so because you are doubtless better educated.

Interracial marriages was not an issue then. God created all humans equally. The only restrictions were that you marry within your own religion. It does not say anything about race. The Bible never talks about skin color. Only about what nation a person belongs to. Racism is something evil people adhere to. We are all of the human race.

There's no verse saying you should brush your teeth or go to the loo. But common sense tells us they're essential.

likewise, when the Bible says in Romans: if you like according to the carnal nature, you shall surely die (Rom 8), common sense tells us what it means.