Chris asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

Ok, I know Sirius has a 24/7 NASCAR channel, but.....?

how do they cover nascar races? Is it like listening to MRN Radio or better?

Favorite Answer

It is the same as MRN/PRN's race broadcasts, but they also have ten dedicated driver to crew channels that you can hear the radio communications during the race. When they key the radio it cuts into the race coverage. The race broadcasts on the radio are usually more exciting than TV anyway and this extra feature is a little jumbled, but still pretty cool.

Source(s): Have Sirius

Sirius just uses the MRN/PRN radio broadcasts that are played throughout the races on regular radio stations throughout the country. Now since I don't listen to the broadcast on Sirius, I don't know what is done about commercials like if they just use the same guy that does the "in-between" time at each of the races for those race fans.

If you are a die hard Nascar Fan...You gotta get Sirius Satelite radio.Yes MRN/PRN has the races on their, and they know how to call a race, I love Tony Stewarts show, all the shows are great as well. I've had it for 2 yrs now, and I can not live without it.. Ask Santa to put this under your tree...Its awesome..

It is MRN or PRN. Whichever one is covering the race for that weekend. Sirius just runs their broadcast. They also have the driver to crew channels during the races.

• Ed P

Same Format as MRN--Pre Race Show-Race Coverage-Post Race show with Interviews and Commentary!!!!

• Ray Y

I thought you were going to say "but why??? that is the first thing I though of

It's the same broadcast. Unless you listen to the in car stations. When the driver or crew member keys the microphone the broadcast goes to the rear of the audio and you can hear all the chatter from the driver.

• Bill

No its better, You don`t gotta listen to Rusty

no I`m sorry I said that I have never listened to a complete race on Sirius ,,,,But I`m gonna

exactly the same as listening to PRN, commercials are few and almost non existant so thats good, I love my sirius...