Question about installing a garage door opener?

We have what I guess you'd call a double-wide garage door (2 car garage, 1 door) and have been thinking about having an opener installed. In the middle of the garage, and consequently, in the middle of the door, we have a floor to ceiling support beam. It is approximately 8 inches from the spring for the door... show more We have what I guess you'd call a double-wide garage door (2 car garage, 1 door) and have been thinking about having an opener installed. In the middle of the garage, and consequently, in the middle of the door, we have a floor to ceiling support beam. It is approximately 8 inches from the spring for the door at the ceiling. Is it still possible to have an opener installed? I was doing some research and read that the opener should be position in the middle of the door.

Thanks for any advice!
Update: Thanks for the quick responses! It looks like I left out one detail. The current door is a 1 layer steel door.
Update 2: Also, I was planning on hiring a pro to do this work.