me asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Harry Potter?

Does anyone know the thing they did on the Order Of the Phoenix movie in the Ministry? You know the death eaters had that black-smoke looking transportation, whilst the "good guys" or the Order had the white-smoke looking transportation?

Any ideas or any of you know what that was?

Ok, I understand that this was special effects, but what was this called in the movie?

Yes another note, this "White fog" occurred when they entered the room with the Archway

Note: This is the movie.

Please do not post messages saying "they used magic". Yes, I know this, as that is what occurs in a "Magical World".

Favorite Answer

hes not spider pig anymore, hes harry pork-er

It's just the movie producers taking artistic licence.

The equivalent in the book is Apparation but it is not exactly the same, because that didn't happen in that particular scene in the book.

We know that no wizard or witch can actually fly except Voldemort in the 7th book. It was a big discovery when they figured out Voldemort could fly.

The characters flying around in smoke was just an effect used in the movie because it looked very dramatic. There is absolutely no reference to this type of flying in the books. In the seventh book, voldemort flies, but there is no mention of the smoke seen in the movies.

It's called Apparating when they appear and Disapparating when they disappear. A witch or wizard has to sit for a test before getting the license to apparate and they have to be 16 years old if I'm not mistaken. You really ought to read the books.

It mentioned the characters speeding arround fighting each other, but it never mentioned the white fog...i think it said somthing about the death eaters though...

i think they just tried to make apparition more dramatic in that scene, because when fred and george apparate earlier in the movie, they just appear.

Jo definitely hasn't mentioned anything about good people appearing in white smoke and death eaters appearing in black, it's just something the film makers thought would look good,

It's called disapparation and apparation. Disapparation is when your leaving one place to get to another in order to meet someone or somplace. And apparation is the pretense of the word I believe. Hope I helped

They used magic

Could it have maybe been "apparition"? Movies kind of mess things up just a bit, so that may have been what they were trying to, well...... show.

Source(s): Harry Potter fan for life

Special effects...

It wasn't in the book, so I don't know if they have a name for it.

it's called apparation. hermione will pass it in book 6.ron will fail it.harry can't take it yet.u appear in one place n disappear to another.