Dot
Dot asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Would you turn your dogs ashes into a diamond?

Sad thought I know but has anyone ever or plans to turn their dogs ashes into a diamond?

http://www.lifegem.com/index.aspx?BannerType=Googl...

Edit: It is not to make money out of it is so you can add to a piece of jewellery to wear yourself.

Favorite Answer

Hi There,

I just went and read threw the website and I would defiantly do it

I think it is a great Idea and you would always have your baby with you

I book marked it as I am seriously considering it when I loose one of my pets

Thank You For the info

Happy Holidays

Sincerely

Anne

hello, on the news a while ago, i heard of a daughter who had made a diamond ring out of her father's ashes.

btw for those who thought you can make money - you cant. these are synthesised diamonds and worth about as much as a cubic zirconia - nothing. its just sentimental value.

my last dog, a chow, died at 16 (i was 15 years old at the time) and we burried his ashes and gave him a headstone in a pet cemetery. i still visit him and its so nice for me to be able to do so. my mother had him before i was born, so i grew up loving him like a big brother. if i had the choice now, i would love something to have him closer to me. im 21 now, and a day doesnt go by when i dont think about him.

i have two dogs currently, another chow who is 9, and a pomeranian who's 9 months old. i would like the thought of a piece of jewellery to remember them, but i do feel they should have final rites too and deserve a proper funeral and resting place. and so, instead of a diamond out of ashes, im going to wear their dog tags on my charm bracelet.

:'-( i feel all sad now. i wish you and your dogs a long life.

i know somebody who got their yorkie stuffed and mounted in perspex box. imagine dead bruno looking at you with his new replaced glass eye whilst you ate your dinner! THAT is disgusting! the diamond idea is much better.lol

EDIT: i went to the website and you can make diamond out of hair!! i think i will do that with my fluffy dogs! :-) thanks for posting that!

I don't know how some one would say that. That is turning nature into something you don't need. I would never do any thing like that but you might. Are you going to sell the diamond for money? Just think about this it's cruel!! I say DON'T DO IT!!!!! Go ahead if you want to, but it is a mean thing to do!

i really dont like 2 think about my dogs dying,

but, yes i will.

i already planned 2 when i got my dog stormy.

but its a really sad thought! =[

ok, that sounded cruel. i mean, i love her so much, and she seems so beautiful, i want her 2 stay beautiful. she would be a locket, but the diamond on the inside, not 2 look fasionable, but 2 have her close 2 my heart, and so she always lives on.

That is the probably one of the worst things I have heard of. I mean... It's like..wrong in my opinion. Did you know some people go to special places and get there dead relatives turned into a diamond? In MY opinion it is wrong..

I don't know about other people...but.. I just think it is a sick thing.

Peace Out

Jenny

Hooboy, that's a creepy thought....

. When a body dies, it should be given back to the earth from where it came so that it can nourish the soil and help things grow. That's just the way things are supposed to work.

Source(s): my opinion

no. in fact I would never even cremate a pet. I will lay the body to rest, have a proper burial. wearing my pets ashes as jewlerry really doesn't sound appealing.

That's too bizarre for me. I'll stick to spreading their ashes around the trees in our garden.

You know what, as much as I love my dog, it is a little creepy to me to be wearing her on my finger or around my neck. I rather have an urn, if anything.

not my dog , but part of my dads ashes i was thinking about doing so he will always be with me were ever i go