aalem316 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Why espn is killing nba?

Is it just me or the only thing the nab people in espn only talk about James, Miami heat and how new york sucks when the magic and Boston are hole lot better and they think thats what nba fans only want to hear is that true?

Favorite Answer

espn to me, turned south along time ago. i hate how long i have to wait to see basketball highlights, and when they did show them i have to sit through the lame "hip" references that clumsily falls out of the mouths of these 40+ years old sportscasters (just report the game dillweed!)... i actually just stopped watching espn altogether recently and got nba tv... same thing... so sad. espn has turned into TMZ, just showing the scandals. make a separate show if need be... report the sports and leave the scandal stuff to "Outside the Lines". I just want to see good highlights, see the stats and move on... yes new york sucks, we all know that. yes, lebron is a great player for his age... we all know that. yes, shaq is not getting any touches and the heat are struggling... we know that.

move on espn, move on.

The biggest markets are always going to get the most play on ESPN and any other national sports network simply because they're the biggest markets. As far as James getting a lot of airtime, he's the NBA's biggest star right now and the NBA is all about promoting it's biggest stars over promoting teams. ESPN does a good job, they do as well or better than anybody else would anyways.

I feel you on that. I do think Boston gets a lot of love though. But the Magic are still way under the radar. That might be good for them, though. It's too bad the NBA and ESPN decide televised games before the season begins. Don't really want to see Portland and Miami play. Thanks. Yeah, I don't care about Miami and New York. Let 'em implode.

ESPN is ruining sports. Remember when Sportscenter was a highlights show? They now see themselves as the product, rather than merely an outlet for sporting events. "Who's Now?", all the product tie-ins to facile talking head analysis--Budweiser Hot Seat, Coors Light Cold Hard Facts, etc.--88 worthless episodes of NFL live a week, and their brutal telemovies.

Screamin' A. Smith is an abomination. He fashions himself some kind of militant because he rips marginal white players, yet licks David Stern's boots at every opportunity. He's loud and opinionated without being mildly interesting.

• ESPN is a network that reports on what HAPPENED!! At some point teams play bad BUT at other times they play well. While Boston plays well at all times...

. . . . . espn only reports what they see, if a team is playing bad then of course they are gonna ridicule them; especially when a team like ny has the highest salary cap. . . . . . they are not racist or neither root for one team; they report what they see & they make funny *** comments to make it interesting.

gl & peace!

OMG yes, everytime i turn the channel to ESPN, i see nothing but LEBRON JAMES. it's so irritating.

ESPN is killing sports.

customary I hear memories approximately one undertaking... SUICIDE! this is only unhappy and it gets demanding because of the fact I save on listening to the samething everywhere. Jeez. yet it relatively is one unhappy undertaking to take heed to approximately.

THAT's THEIR JOB, IF U DON'T LKE IT. THEN GET OUT.