What do you think about this short story concerning the pay of teachers?

Teacher's hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do. Babysit! We can get that for less than minimum wage. I would give them $3.00 an hour. That would be $19.50 a day. Each parent should pay per day... show more Teacher's hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do. Babysit! We can get that for less than minimum wage. I would give them $3.00 an hour. That would be $19.50 a day. Each parent should pay per day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now, how many do they teach in a day? 30? So that's 19.5x30-$585.00 a day. however, remember they only work 180 days a year! I am not going to pay them for any vacations. Let's see, that's $585x180=$105,300 per year. Wait, something's wrong. What about all those teacher's with master's degrees? We could pay them minimum wage just to be fair. That would be $7.00x6 1/2 hrs x 30 children x 180 days a year = $245,700 per year. Wait a minute, there is something wrong here! "Average teachers salary = $40,000/180 days=$222/day/30 students = $7.40/6.5 hours = $1.13/hr. Very inexpensive babysitter and they even educate your kids! Crazy!
Update: FYI: I am a teacher and I found this story (that I didn't write) funny because it shows how UNDERPAID teachers are! Stop hating on me please!
7 answers 7