Exactly how does MCR save lives?

I got to thinking about this again from one of the recent questions that asked what have you learned in your time in the R&P. Essentially, I’ve had this idiocy drilled into my head by all fronts, although mostly in mockery. And yes, the joke never gets old. But there’s something very confusing about this... show more I got to thinking about this again from one of the recent questions that asked what have you learned in your time in the R&P. Essentially, I’ve had this idiocy drilled into my head by all fronts, although mostly in mockery. And yes, the joke never gets old. But there’s something very confusing about this concept. You start with a perfectly well adjusted youth. Then, for whatever reason, he/she starts to embrace the emo culture, maybe because of peer pressure. It’s at this point where all the contrived depression and fake angst begins. Next come those nasty razor blades. The gist is that emo encourages you to be miserable like it’s a Hot Topic fashion accessory. My thought is something along these lines. Wouldn’t the only real way for MCR to save any lives be for the kids to never listen to their crappy music and turn their backs on the entire “oh woe is me” mentality? So, back to my original question, if we are to believe that MCR encourages impressionable children to be gloomy, sad and suicidal, exactly how, when and where does the life saving process occur? Is there a 24-hour hotline inside the CD jacket that connects you to Gerard? Does he make house calls? Isn’t this a classic contradiction?
Update: Biturica - So, if I go to IHOP and order toast on the side with bacon, will he save me then? Will he at least treat for breakfast?
Update 2: WeAreTheUsed - But you haven't told me how the life saving component of all this works.
Update 3: Sookie - I'd be embarrassed for them right now if it wasn't so damn hilarious. But in all seriousness, you know I agree about the responsibility part.
Update 4: SJG -Hahaha, I see you're wise to the Heaven's Gate similarities. Striking, aren't they?
Update 5: ♪squiks♫ ♫=life!♪- I think the kids would be better "saved" if forced to watch a PSA with Gerard on it, telling them, "see this doofus, don't be like him."
Update 6: Kontrolfreak66 – I’ll go out on a limb here and guess it took me less time to come up with than a lyrics quiz. C’mon, I know you can make up an answer better than that.
Update 7: Sylvia - Hey, thanks. That's OK; I'm not feeling particularly witty either today. But you will always be the head instructor at the Emo-onics Institute.
Update 8: ☆★Whisper★☆'s – I’m curious how you made the assumption that by asking the question, that it automatically means it bothers me and that I’m judging you. LOL, I couldn’t care less. I’m just trying to gain understanding of a dubious proposition. So sensitive, so delicate, alas.
Update 9: ♫ՖքØØķ¥♫'s – OK, I think I got the laughs out of now. That was the most awesome and logical explanation I’ve heard yet. The LOZR Frequency, LOL!! Sucka!