Please help me solve this science : I need help before this evening (Fri. 12-14-07) is up. Thanks. I'm not und
Your group has been hired by an advertising firm that is developing a series of commercials for family-oriented products geared toward the entire family. They want to develop a series of commercials that will target family members at various life stages. Your group needs to thoroughly describe Erikson's theory of Psychosocial development. The stages: "I'm using are: Initiative versus guilt" ; and Generativity versus stagnation". In your description of each stage, identify and analyze a television, movie, or literary character for each stage of the theory. The marketing firm will use this information as they develop commercials targeting each developmental stage. Finally, provide a review of three recent studies utilizing a theory of development.
The advertising firm has requested that you submit a 4 to 5 page report summarizing your research in this area. Therefore, your group should submit one combined Word document that conforms to the following directions:
* Give a description of Erikson’s theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above.
* Identify a character at each stage.
* Choose three of the following studies found in the Library article search engine Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection.
* For each one you choose, describe the study and discuss how it supports or does not support the information you have written in your report about Erikson. Specifically:
o Which particular aspects of the theory does the study examine?
o Do the experimental or discussion results strengthen or weaken the theory and you ideas? Why?
o Do you agree or disagree with the conclusions? Why or why not?
The following articles can be found using the Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection database, available on the Find Articles and Books page of the library.
* Reexamining Gender Issues in Erikson's Stages of Identity and Intimacy by Horst, Elisabeth A.
* Individuation and Attachment in Personality Development: Extending Erikson's Theory by Franz, Carol E.; White, Kathleen M.
* Egocentrism in Older Adults: Piaget’s Three Mountains Task Revisited by McDonald, Lorraine; Stuart-Hamilton, Ian.
* Piaget on Childhood by Siegler, Robert S.; Ellis, Shari.
* Vygotsky and Identity Formation: A Sociocultural Approach by Penuel, William R.; Wertsch, James V.
* Attachment, Social Rank, and Affect Regulation: Speculations on an Ethological Approach to Family Interaction by Sloman, Leon; Atkinson, Leslie; Milligan, Karen; Liotti, Giovanni.
* An Ethological Perspective by Stevenson-Hinde, Joan.
* Integrating Biological, Behavioral, and Social Levels of Analysis in Early Child Development: Progress, Problems, and Prospects by Granger, Douglas A.; Kivlighan, Katie T.
* Nonshared Environmental Influences on Individual Differences in Early Behavioral Development: A Monozygotic Twin Differences Study by Asbury, Kathryn; Dunn, Judith F.; Pike, Alison; Plomin, Robert.
* The Home Environments of Children in the United States Part II: Relations with Behavioral Development through Age Thirteen by Bradley, Robert H.; Corwyn, Robert F.; Burchinal, Margaret; McAdoo, Harriette Pipes; Garcia Coll, Cynthia.
* Relationships Among Paternal Involvement and Young Children's Perceived Self-Competence and Behavioral Problems by Culp, Rex E.; Schadle, Stephanie; Robinson, Linda; Culp, Anne M.
As with all assignments in which you are referring to someone else's writing, cite any sources used and format them according to the requirements of the APA style guide. This formatting includes, but is not limited to, the following guidelines:
* Margins - set to one inch
* Font - 12 pt. Times New Roman, no bold, or underline
* Title - center above the paper, 12 pt. font (Level A Heading), no bold, underline, or italics
* Pagination - every page; consists of a header containing a short title for the paper and page number placed in the upper right corner of the page
* Line Spacing - double space all work including the References Page.
* Point-of-View - third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative
* In-text citations - must conform to APA requirements
* References list - must conform to APA requirements
- bpsgirl123Lv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
This is not a hard assignment, it is long, but you were probably assigned this a while ago, and since it is a group project, you should be working on this together, why do you need it so soon? Did your group not do the work? The questions provided are very specific,and you even have some references available. Follow the outline, use your references, and do your work.
- 4 years ago
He was not only good lookin' I tell ya, his ways were mighty fine. He did a lot of strokin' on this wounded pride of mine. He laid it on thick, I get sick when I remember how I was once tricked by the great pretender. Flattery and wit, foolish hearts beware: the devil lights the wick and then vanishes mid-air. Left alone in the ruins of all my foolish notions, It took a lot of years to recover from the potions, but now I'm a crusader for the faithful to prevail, and I sent that devil straight back to the 7 hells.
- Judge and JuryLv 41 decade ago
You've provided a list of articles that will support your thesis. I suggest you read them and your answers should present themselves.
Doubtful that you could complete this assignment by this evening however. Not to your professor's satisfaction anyway.
- 1 decade ago
It's been awhile since I took psyc 101, but what exactly is your question?