Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Mitchell Report?

Do the results of the Mitchell Report or the whole "steroid era" cloud that hangs over basebally affect the way you feel about the game? If so, how? Does it change whether you will or will not watch games or go to games?

Basically.....do you care?

Favorite Answer

The Mitchell Report was necessary for baseball, and frankly for all pro-sports. The list of players that were in some way or another connected to steroids and the use of steroids, surprised hardly any baseball fan. It is sad that it has come to this, but I think because Selig loves baseball, as do the owners and the majority of players, very strict rules will be implemented and enforced. I love baseball, it is a great game, so my feelings will never change about it. Will I be excited about some guy throwing a no-no or blasting homeruns out of the park? Yes I still will be, because not every player who will do those things will be juiced, and I know that.

This isn't the first time that baseball has had to deal with a "crisis" and will not be the last. In fact, the mere point that baseball has always been able to recover and endure from such downfalls, proves that this game is, and forever will remain, America's favorite past time.

1. THE MITCHELL REPORT CLARIFIED THIS UP FRONT, THAT ALL 30 MLB TEAMS HAD PLAYERS THAT JUICED.

2. THE SEARCH WOULD BE ENDLESS, TIME CONSUMING AND COSTLY. THIS INVESTIGATION COST MORE THAN 16 MILLION DOLLARS.

3. WHATS GLARING ABOUT THE REPORT AN HAS BEEN UNDERSCORED, TO SOME DEGREE, BUT ITS CRYSTAL CLEAR TO ME....

THE LAST 30 YEARS STEROIDS WERE WIDESPREAD IN MLB....SO THERE WAS IN FACT AN "EQUAL PLAYING FIELD"

THE MLB HALLOF FAME , CAN NAME ERAS, IN THE END, THIS WILL BE TITLED THE ..."STEROID ERA"

ACCEPT IT AND MOVE FORWARD

NOTE: MLB MADE MONEY WITH THE FANS KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT WAS GOING ON, BEFORE, DURING AND NOW AFTER THESE EXPOSED PLAYERS.

MLB: FROM 1 BILLION TO OVER 6 BILLION SPORT

Source(s): www.baseballsteroidera.com Search: Fmr. MLB Pitcher Tom House, The Earliest Accounts of Steroid use in MLB was 60's & 70's

The Mitchell Report says that Pitchers and Hitters both used Performance Enhancing Substances, so what.

To make it to the Major Leagues as a pitcher you must have superior control of your pitches. As a hitter you must have superior hand eye co-ordination to be able to hit the ball thrown by Major League Pitchers.

The Mitchell Report is a big waste of money!

I care but it doesn't change the way I feel about baseball. I really don't think they should have released this report to the public, it's not 100% fact. The people that named names could have done this to keep their own butt out of trouble for all we know. I just think people are getting a little out of control about it. Roids was def. a problem and it has been brought to the forefront, and that's great but Jesus, this wasn't a scientific or even a good investigation at all!

I can't wait for this to die down.

It has an affect on me. That's in large part because I am a sports reporter. I will still watch the games. I'm glad the information is out there and I am anxious to see how things play out.

I think the whole report is stupid, and might be a little biased, and thats coming from a Red Sox fan.Mitchell is an idiot, and he should have kept his big mouth shut.He just wanted his 2 hours of air time to show the world what an *** he really is.

Alls I know is, none of this would have happened if Bud Selig was alive.

I am disgusted with the lot of them, and don't love baseball right now.

Bear in mind, it's December. I may very well sing a different tune in April.

It doesnt affect my feelings towards the game. We have known there were cheaters for years. Now we just know who some of them are.

Every current player and every player from the last 30 years. And baseball has a problem with Pete Rose....

i'll still watch, just like i did when mcgwire and sosa were bulked up hitting homeruns...i knew it then, and i know it now.