first step is determination

second, dedication

third, confident

what else should I add?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To achieve any goal you must be willing to invest the time it takes to make it happen from start to finish. Also consider the financial cost to develop the goal. Evaluate your current lifestyle and ask yourself is this a short term goal or a long term goal and can I see myself doing it. Examine your skill level what skills will it take to achieve your goal. I always start out by making a positive/negative list about achieving a goal. What will this goal add/subtract to your life. Investigate what the end result will be of a goal and has this ever worked for anyone else, if so, who? then seek them out and ask them how it has made their life better/worse.

• Izen G
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

There's as many "steps" or "stages" of that process as there are people! Because each is unique, the steps will all be different &/or if the same, will be in a different order. Each individual must make their OWN journey (the journey through life) and take whatever steps which need to be taken to achieve the ultimate goal or destination!

Numerous factors such as what you & others have listed are all important but I don't think there's any particular order to any of them which people can follow or use as a "road map"..... Other than one just being generalized. There isn't a specific formula. One thing which comes to mind however which I feel is an extremely important part is: Reverence, without it, everything else is or becomes mute.

• 1 decade ago

Very important Question in life you engage in !

I think there are previous steps .

The first is very important : to undarstand why ? , it may sounds weird : "I want to do it I'm eager to do it ". - thats true : but it is still very important to see mentaly why you want that goal .

Now , This is extreamly important part :

Usually when we try to change and achieve new goals - there are many obstacles we may face . so we need determination as you said . but even simple awaerness that you WILL face problems is a key to succeed .

Because determination is not constant (it goes up and down), times when you are less enthusiastic , things not going as you wish .

In that position you need the mental undarsting . - why to achieve the goal .

so the step : Be ready for bad times . - because the thing that mostly prevent you from achieving the goal are NOT the bad times themselves , but rather the way of dealing with them, - you may use those moments - to learn from the mistake .

in this way even "bad" times are actually good .

Thats a bit related to the confidence you wrote , because over confidence - may lead to perception that all is going to be right , but it is not alwais so .

so what kind of confident you need . the self confidence that you can achieve the goal , that you can determine , that you can learn from the mistake .

*Times for self examination are important*(not only to achieve goals but generally in life too) , you always have to check : what ,why, how:

What you are doing.

Why you are doing it .

How you are doing it .

Good luck with the essay :-)

I will be glad , to receive this essay , so if you don't mind , please send it to my mail .

Anyway , Thank you . :-)

• 1 decade ago

Determination, dedication and confidence come afterwards. First of all, your goal should be clear before you and should be attainable. Don't just set for something blindly and in the end you just expect the unexpected! Your objective should be realistic and clearly defined. Then work hard, put all your efforts together to go for it. Always keep in mind that no matter what, you should do it! Do not let anything change that. Do not let obstacles affect you, like for example, some people around you may tend to discourage you or something like that. Develop the rage to conquer in you and say this constantly in your mind,'I'll be the king one day, and everyone will keep staring! Have the firm belief in yourself and your capacity and, last but not least, the One Above.. Good luck n rock!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well get a notebook right down some of your goals, then think to your self

first step is determination

second, dedication

third, confident

of each goal. Another step i think u should use is using this goal, what have you acheived from this goal, how has this effected your life.

• 1 decade ago

Make sure your goals are reasonable. Sometimes people set themselves up for failure by setting totally unreachable goals. For instance, if I have been overweight all my life and always have issues overeating, I should not set a goal to loose 30 lbs. in one month.

Also, when setting my goal I need to consider what changes need to take place in my life in order for me to attain my goal. Am I willing to make those changes? And a very important question to ask is how might this goal and these changes affect the people closest to me?

Good luck on your essay.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it really depends on the goal. There are no cookie cutter answers to life's problems and solutions. I find that no matter how well planned a goal is, something unexpected always comes up and takes me someplace else.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Force yourself to spend a certain amount of hours on it every day. When you are finished at the end of each day, PARTY!!!

• 1 decade ago

DETERMINING.

and faith in god,and your own abilities.

make your motto:

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

believe in yourself. =) thats it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.