Al Pacino and martin Scorsese never work together. Who else ?

I just realized the two greatest hollywood icon Al Pacino and Martin Scorsese never work together. I can also think of Francis Coppola and Russell Crowe. Can you think of any other actor-director pair that you think should be in team but never before ?

Favorite Answer

I think suggesting the absurdity of Russel Crowe and Francis Ford Coppola not working together is sort of misleading considering that Crowe came about years and years after FFC was in his heyday. I mean, we could sit here for hours and say why hasn't this guy worked with this guy, but really the Al Pacino/Scorsese companionship is so particularly noteworthy because both tend to create/invest in similar characters and both gained fame and recognition at about the same time (it also helps that Pacino and DeNiro--Scorsese workhorse--are consistently cited as rivals).

Sidney Lumet - Sean Penn

Mike Nichols - Philip Seymour Hoffman

Mike Leigh - James McAvoy

Terence Malick - William Hurt

Woody Allen - Jude Law

Michael Mann - Mark Wahlberg

Mel Brooks-Will Ferrell Spike Lee-Will Smith