#1MetsFan asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

I don't understand what the Mitchell Report means?

Could somebody please explain to me what the Mitchell Report means. Does it mean that those players were actually proven to have USED steroids? (Meaning the actually applied, injected, sniffed, whatever)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Mitchell Report was used for one intention only: To clean up baseball and formally acknowledge past steroid use. It is not, as Mitchell said, intended to be used for disciplining baseball players, it is to be used for future endeavors in dealing with steroids.

Mitchell even said in his press comments that he included player names due to (implied) pressure from everyone who wanted to see names of players. Did someone ever twist his arm and force him? No, but he knew what everyone wanted and he gave it to them.

Today baseball did what football and many sports need to do. They looked their biggest dark side into a positive.

The players listed in the report are NOT proven to have used steroids. There names were brought up one of three ways: The first two ways were by way of a former clubhouse attendant and a trainer. The other way was through curt documents of raided steroid distributors such as BALCO and the Florida warehouse.

Source(s): forget the person that thinks this was funded by tax dollars. A private foundation can not use tax payer money to fund a private report.
  • 1 decade ago

ITS NOT FUNDED BY TAX DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT FROM THE GOVERNMENT. GEORGE MITCHELL WAS ASKED 2 DO THIS BY MLB

THIS IS JUST PROVIDING EVIDENCE OF ALL THE PLAYERS THAT HE HAS BEEN TOLD DID IT BY THE 2 GUYS, A HISTORY OF HOW IT GOT THIS BAD, WAYS 2 PREVENT IT IN THE MLB ND WAYS 2 PREVENT KIDS FROM DOING IT, ND HE SAID THERE R MANY MOE NAMES THAT THEY WERENT ABLE 2 COLLECT

my phone is TOAST!

• 1 decade ago

go to espn they break it down to who did it who's been accused and found guilty, who's bought them, has an entire list and tells you their fate and etc

• 1 decade ago

it means your tax dollers are going to things we already know and dont care

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.