Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

whats the difference between oxycodone where the pills have OC on them and watson 932?

Best Answer

OC is for OxyContin and is a time release oxycodone brand name product. Watson makes a variety of oxycodone generic products. 932 is 10/325 which means 10mg of regular release oxycodone and 325mg of APAP.

• Marcia

The active ingredient in Oxycontin is Oxycodone which is the main ingredient in Percocet, Percodan, Tylox, Roxicet, Oxycocet, OxyIR, Endodan, Endocet and probably a few more names OxyContin (Oxycodone hydrochloride controlled-release) is an opioid analgesic in time-release form. Which means a small amount of the drug is absorbed over a 12 hour period. Oxycodone has been around for years and is used for moderate to severe pain. It is a Schedule II controlled substance. It works by inhibiting ascending pain pathways in the Central Nervous System, increases the pain threshold, and alters pain perception. The problem with Oxycodone is after using it for a while the body develops a natural tolerance to the medication, as it does with all opiates. In order to get the same affect the person needs to increase the dose. This does not mean the person is addicted. There is a difference between tolerance and addiction. The problem that chronic pain sufferers have with opiates is the need to increase the dose to get the same affect. Before Oxycontin came along the patient would increase there dose as tolerance developed and this increased the risk of side effects of the other ingredient in the medication. I got this Information off of the website listed below I picked out the info that i thought you might be interested in but there is much more to read if you would like to visit the site!! I watched a true life i am addicted to oxycontin last week it aired previously on mtv in 2003! Oxycontin is highly addictive several people died from overdose and one man was injured at work and was prescribed oxycontin for pain relief! He became addicted , he had a very succesful lumber business and a beautiful family and lost it all! Good luck with this and Merry Christmas

If you are talking about Oxycontin the only difference is generic. The ones I take everyday have OC on them and I don't take Oxycodone I take Oxycontin.

I think you are confused between Hydrocodone (vicadin/loratabs) and oxycotin which is a different drug.

I believe Watson makes loratab 5/500, 7.5/500 and 10/500.

The best way to find out is to go to webmd and look the medication up. They will show a pic of both drugs.

Watson 932 is Hydrocodone which is marketed as Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet etc. It is a mixture of acetaminophen and the opiate painkiller. Oxycodone is marketed as Percocet, Percodan etc. and is a mixture of Acetaminophen and an opiate alkaloid making it about 50% stronger than Hydrocodone.

Oxycodone is the generic for the pain killer Percocet.

oxycodone is the similar to codeine. codeine is naturally occurring, oxycodone is man's engineered equivalent. it is in vicodan, loratab and yes percocet. i am in medicine so this is not just a guess.

It's just what the manufacturer stamps on the pills.