Best place to live in California for 2 single women?

My friend & I are looking for a change. We are currently in Philly and looking to move somewhere in Cali. Not somewhere too superficial where everybody is stuck in their looks. Somewhere middle of the road......

Favorite Answer

San Francisco is a great place to live. A lively place with tons of culture. However it is expensive. Even the surround areas aren't cheap anymore.

San Diego is nice and feels small townish, again pricey but it might be a nice happy-medium.

For a truly smaller town, community oriented area try Santa Cruz or Monterrey. Santa Cruz is a little more hip, Monterrey a little more sophisticated, both are close to each other have have similar things to offer.

Source(s): I've lived in SF, Monterey and Los Angeles (Santa Monica).

For a young couple i'm not sure palm desert is best. For me the coolest spots in california are the bay area and the san diego area (sacramento isn't too bad) , problem is both are really expensive but i'm sure you can still find a nice place somewhere safe if you look hard enough. I'd try this website called zillow, put in the details on what your looking for and how much your willing to spend. You can always find a 1 bed 1 bath apartment for a grand a month just about anywhere, but if your budget is at the 500 range i'd say sacramento would be your best bet. Also remember to make sure you stay in the safe parts of town, don't put your safety at risk to save money. Hope this helped a little, good luck.

If you are content not being beach bunnies, then Sacramento. Good job market, relatively large metro area close to the bay area and lower than average cost of housing for California. If you want snow, it is in the mountains about an hour to the east.

I like the San Diego answer. Property values started dropping ther before other parts of the state, so it might be reasonable to buy or rent.

Do you have jobs lined up? Plenty of cash to defray moving and living costs? Good credit to rent or buy housing? Those are realities you need to consider first.

• Tim

Bakersfield.

• cat

South Central (in Los Angeles) but make sure to carry a gun.

I would suggest San Diego