Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

playoff predictions?

heres my nfl playoff predictions

NFC:

1) dallas BYE

2) packers BYE

3) seattle

4) tampa bay

5) giants

6) minnesota

wild card round

min @ sea - min

giants @ tb - tb

division round

min @ dal - dal

tb @ gb - gb

nfc championship

gb @ dal - dal

AFC

1) patriots BYE

2) colts BYE

3) jax

4) steelers

5) chargers

6) browns

wild card round

cle @ jax - jax

sd @ pit - pit

division round

jax @ ne - ne

pit @ ind - ind

afc championship

ind @ ne - ne

super bowl

dal vs ne - dal

question: do you agree with my playoff teams and any games you disagree with?

sorry its so long...think you can manage to read all of it DY???

EDIT..sorry about the seeds, i forgot that the division winners get best seeds, so drop the jags to fifth, and switch the giants and tampa bay...should be the same teams in the conference championships though, thanks for the catch...

Favorite Answer

(Jim Mora's voice) Playoffs......playoffs!!!?

I agree with your playoff teams, but I have some umbrage with the games.... They're too predictable. Basically the team that is favored to win each game is winning them, and that rarely happens in the NFL. My other problem is that you have the division winner ranked below a wild-card team in your AFC playoffs, which couldn't happen. So your matchups would change a little.

I think the NFC would go like this

1) dallas BYE

2) packers BYE

3) seattle

4) tampa bay

5) giants

6) minnesota

wild card round

min @ sea - min

giants @ tb - G-men

division round

min @ dal - dal

Giants @ gb - Giants

nfc championship

Giants @ dal - dal

AFC

1) patriots BYE

2) colts BYE

3) Steelers

4) Chargers

5) Jax

6) browns

wild card round

cle @ pit - pit

jax @ sd - jax

division round

jax @ ne - ne

pit @ ind - ind

afc championship

ind @ ne - ind

super bowl

dal vs ind - dal

Yeah, it's pretty screwy, but who knows? I see one wildcard team knocking off an NFC team, and then I like the NFC in the Super Bowl because I feel like everyone will have crowned the AFC champ the Super Bowl champ before the game is even played, and the NFC team will come out fired up. I picked the Giants over the Packers because I think the game they played in the beginning of the year was a little misleading. They were in that game until the end, even leading in the 4th quarter. They made some bonehead penalties, and Eli was playing with some injuries. I think Green Bay will come out flat because they will be expecting to blow them out. I have the Colts over the Patriots because I think their team is just too good to lose to anyone two times in a season.

• John

NFC:

1) Dallas BYE

2) Packers BYE

3) Seattle

4) Tampa bay

5) NYG

6) Minnesota

Wild card round

Min @ Sea - Sea

NYG @ TB - NYG

Division round

Sea @ Dallas - Dallasl

NYG @ GB - GB

NFC championship

GB @ Dallas - Dallas

AFC

1) Patriots BYE

2) Colts BYE

3) Pittsburgh

4) SD

5) Jacksonville

6) Browns

wild card round

Cle @ Pit - Pit

SD @ Jax- SD

division round

SD @ NE - NE

Pit @ Indy - Indy

AFC championship

Indy @ NE - Indy

Super Bowl

Dallas vs Indy - Dallas

Source(s): If the Wildcard team has a better record than a Divisional champ...who get's home field?

Nope. Looks pretty accurate and sensible. Only thing I'm not sold on is the final result. When Dallas and NE played earlier, it was close for a half....then they owned Dallas. Having Glenn back should be a big help, (though with Witten and TO they are hardly hurting), and the game should be closer, but I have not seen enough true dominance out of Dallas to believe they will take it all. But it is football, and anything can happen. Just don't bet the ranch on it.

You are obviously a Dallas fan thinking they can beat the Patriots.

Here are my playoff predictions

NFC:

1) dallas BYE

2) packers BYE

3) seattle

4) tampa bay

5) minnestota

6) giants

wild card round

giants @ sea - sea

min @ tb - min

division round

min @ dal - min

sea @ gb - sea

nfc championship

min @ sea - sea

AFC

1) patriots BYE

2) colts BYE

3) steelers

4) jac

5) chargers

6) bills

wild card round

bills @ steelers - steelers

sd @ jac - jac

division round

jax @ ne - ne

pit @ ind - ind

afc championship

ind @ ne - ne

super bowl

sea vs ne - ne

Donnie - The Jags can't be a third seed, since they're in the same division as Indy. The best they can do is the fifth spot.

I agree with your playoff teams, and with your Super Bowl choices. However, I see the Pats winning it.

i like it. i think the cowboys win basically because they are a lot more healthy than the first time they played the patriots. i think with glenn in the lineup even if he is the slot receiver is going to present mismatches. naturally teams best corners are going to cover TO, and the number 2 corner is going to take crayton or hurd. well thats puts teams third best DB on terry glenn. if glenn is at 80-85 percent he still forces teams to play man coverage against TO. meanwhile he is still a valid deep threat. the only thing it hurts is it puts Miles Austin on the bench.

Mines: 1st Round East 1 Cavs over 8 Pistons in 4 4 Hawks over 5 Heat in 6 2 Celtics over 7 Bulls in 6 3 Magic over 6 76ers in 6 West 1 Lakers over 8 Jazz in 5 5 Rockets over 4 Blazers in 7 2 Nuggets over 7 Hornets in 7 3 Spurs over 6 Mavericks in 7 2nd Round East 1 Cavs over 4 Hawks in 6 3 Magic over 2 Celtics in 6 West 1 Lakers over 5 Rockets in 7 2 Nuggets over 3 Spurs in 7 Conference Finals East 1 Cavaliers over 3 Magic in 7 West 1 Lakers over 2 Nuggets in 6 NBA Finals Lakers over Cavs in 6... nvm make that 7.

I can't believe some of you think NE wont actually MAKE IT to the SB!!!! Worst case scenario is they lose to Giants in week 17. 19-0 baby

Dallas wont be able to beat new england in the superbowl, you already adjusted the 2 and 4 seed, other than that it looks pretty accurate.

The Cowboys have played poorly against the Bills, Lions and Pats.

The Pats played well against Baltimore, but I think Baltimore played extremely well against the Pats.