Siggy
Siggy asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Where ar those whining Jets fans now?

So you guys cheated too...before the Pats did.

What do you have to say for yourselves now? (Rhetorical, because I still understand videotaping to be so common).

I think it is a hilarious example of irony thMangini and Co. had to admit to it after all the crying they've done about it. AND it is even funnier that so many peopl have been on here calling the Pats a cheating team when it is becoming so clear that all teams use video.

Pats all the way!

Darko- Are you a native English speaker? There is a question! READ!

COLTS RULE- The Jets news is new...so there may be fines. Who knows.

VOICE OF REASON- I agree that they aren't the same, but it is ironic as hell. I'm not going to call someone out if I am doing/have done the same wrong thing...and they did

SCOTT- How am I a bus jumper?You know nothing about me or my tendencies to root for the home team (Yes, I am in Boston)

Nice comment (sarcasm) - sad that you wasted your time typing it.

KIDNEY- You can't be serious. I will give you my personal phone number and we can arrange a real MONEY bet on that Dolphins theory you mentioned. I need the money, so let's do that bet!

Favorite Answer

This cheating crap has to stop....

THERE WAS NO CHEATING

All the teams did this same tactic of filming. It has been going on for years....

The difference is that at the beginning of this season the NFL told everyone to STOP doing it. Pats got caught doing it after being told not to.

That said, it was not cheating. The NFL investigated and found no competitive edge. The fine was for violating the rules.

If a player is late to practice he is fined. If a player misses curfew he is fined. Throwing an officials flag or other on field misconduct the player is fined. This does not mean it was cheating.... Was TO cheating when fined for signing the football a few years back? Was Simeon Rice cheating when he was fined a few weeks ago?

Cheating is doing something that changes the outcome. The Patriots would have received a MUCH stiffer penalty if their film library had revealed any competitive edge... it didn't... let it go...

I'm not comfortable calling either case "cheating". I can't stand the Jets but I still think calling it cheating is a stretch. I still need proof that either gains a competitive advantage and other than having more video than another team, I can't see what it is. The footage is the same, but it come from another spot.

In the case of the Jets it was having a camera in both end zones rather than the one end zone as is allowed under the NFL rules. Seems minor at best.

Source(s): ** The camera rules were in place before this year and the Patriots had the Jets camera guy removed from last years game but never reported it to the NFL... why? Because camera issues seem so insignificant and teams never got penalized. The only change was a new commish and the first team to get brought to the attention of the league was the Patriots. Could have happened any other week to any other team as well.

im going with he pats on tis 1 not a very fair match up but im hoping there is some crazy way that the dolphines put the pats on there butt never happen but how big of a kick in the face would that be

i'm gonna laugh so hard when the dolphins beat the pats for the 'fins' first win and the pats' first loss. u guys in boston will be whining saying, "cheating! cheating!" but there will be no cheating.

this isnt a question...its just some arrogant pats fan calling out the jets. of course your team is better...whats your point?

EDIT: i read the word rhetorical and assumed it meant you didnt want an answer

I think Mangini just doesn't want to get crushed by the Pats and hopes Belichick will show mercy...Too bad, Eric...

admit it you are a bus jumper. by the way the jets or miami(yuk) will be the one to give the pats their first loss.

this makes sunday's Patriots vs. Jets game all the better. but that will only increase the Jets fans whining and lame excuses.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!