What does "incommensurable histories" mean?
im taking a class on American Empire and expansion from 1700s to the 1940s
so how can i define incommensurable history and give an example of it from this time period in American history
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Pronunciation: (in"ku-men'sur-u-bul, -shur-), [key]
1. not commensurable; having no common basis, measure, or standard of comparison.
2. utterly disproportionate.
3. Math.(of two or more quantities) having no common measure.
1. something that is incommensurable.
2. Math.one of two or more incommensurable quantities.