where can I create a website for free or cheap?

I want to create my own web site and I want to know if I can do it for free or what is the cheapest site to go to create one.

Favorite Answer

I agree with Dexter M. You want to build your own website. Free web hosts are great for those who just want to have fun building a website for friends, family etc. There are many web hosts out there that charge a low hosting fee. I suggest that you choose one that will help you design/build a website around your interests. The program that I used to build my website has cost me less than $1 per day. The program has also helped me to develop a website that is ranking high on the search engines like Yahoo and Google. The high rankings have helped bring targeted traffic to my website for free. You can do a search for your own and find one that best suits you.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions about the one that I used, if you wish to send me a message. You can also read more information and see an example through my Yahoo Answers Profile page. I hope this will help you keep your dreams alive.

BEST WISHES!

First, choose a cheap and reliable web hosting.

►► A Multi-awarded affordable Web Hosting ◄◄

BlueHost offers a Full-featured hosting service only $6.95 a month.

You can go there through the address below:

http://bluehost-service.atspace.com/

- Free Domain Forever (NEW!)

- 600 Gigabyte Hosting Space

- 6,000 GIGS of Transfer

- Host UNLIMITED Domains

- 2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts

- SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats

- CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL

- 2000/2002/2003 Front Page Extensions

- Free Site Builder

- 24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support

Good Luck

If you currently are a web subscriber, your current provider offers a homepage into which you can FTP your current webpage(s) [which can be authored/designed using Composer [an authoring tool which is free when using Netscape browser], NotePad, MSN Word, FrontPage, DreamWeaver, etc.] and use the homepage hosting services. In a sense, you are hosting a commercial webpage via the homepage link and incurring merely the monthly access of, say, AOL.com, etc. Nevertheless, should you want to link your current domain name to the homepage URL, you'll need to use a third-party redirection service, i.e., mydomain.com [which is free] or simply direct your domain name registry, i.e., godaddy.com to forward your domain name [with masking] to the link it to your homepage URL. It's that simple.

Good luck!

I like GoDaddy.com.

If you are looking to do business online, you do not want a free site. You are going to want your own domain name.

Another reason you do not want a free site is for SEO reasons. (Search Engine Optimization).

Free site might look like this. www.yourwebsite.theirwebsite.com

Were you have your own domain looks like.

www.yourwebsite.com

Which one is more credible to you?

GoDaddy has domains for under $2 and .com's i believe (don't quote me) around $10. Now that is a one time fee for 1 year.

They also have website hosting packages for under $5.00/month.

Now their system can be a bit difficult to operate for a beginner, but once you get use to it, it's great. And their customer service and support is top notch.

Source(s): Current GoDaddy Subscriber and web designer.

1) There is alot of free service providers .. yet the trick is in having a profissional one ... so get the account of one of those free ones .. like yahoo ...

2) et someone who is capable of designing and coding .. to develop your website .. or you can use one of those free PHP based Content Management Systems ...

3) Go to Yahoo .. look for the small business link .. and read through till you get to the Mask URL .. and Mask Email ... services

4) Now you have a Profissional website .. with your own URL and Own email account ... for dirt sheap ...

5) Kick Some Business ... :-)

u can make ur own blog using blogger.com

google also offers u 2 create ur own web page 4 free

free ways of generating traffic on ur website here

http://bloggmaniac.blogspot.com/

I used 1and1.com.

It's about 3 bucks a year for the domain and $15 a quarter for them to host your site.

This comes with a pretty robust webpage builder program that makes it easy to put up a website.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

freewebs.com is a website where you can create a free website, it's pretty good.

You can get on

sampa.com

today.com

blogger.com

all are powered by smapa, today and google respectively

http://www.sysexecutive.com/ is another

Regards