How do I change the background in a picture?

I need to take a family picture and take cut them out and paste them onto a plain solid background. Im not exactly sure how to do that. I have paint.net which you can use that to do it but the tutorial is not very helpful.

How do I take the people in the picture out and put them into a plain background? How exactly?

• TBird
    Favorite Answer

1. Load the picture

2. Choose the selection tool (Lasso tool) and go through the contours of each figure of your family.

Perhaps you can Add to selection using Shift+click and Remove from selection using Alt+click.

After you have all of them selected with a closed selection,

3. Cut the selection (Ctrl+X)

4. Create a new file with solid background

5. Paste selection (Ctrl+V)

This is how it's done in Photoshop, maybe in Paint.net there is a similar way.

depending on the graphics package (I prefer the GIMP), but you should be able to use the "select hand drawn regions" tool to outline the family members. Then you will Cut them (Ctrl+x) out of the picture and Paste them back (Ctrl+v) in their own layer. Then put another layer behind that but in front of the original background.

*NOTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIMP SPECIFIC*

on your historic past code, there could be a URL for a photobucket image or despite the fact that else. as quickly as you have placed this URL reproduction and paste the URL of the recent historic past you like and replace the old URL.

This takes a pretty sophisticated graphics program.. it's not something you can do with no training or experience.