how can I start a decent conversation (& topic) with a girl i like?

ok I like this girl, but i have never actually talked to her and whenever i see her i dont know what to say.(one thing to add tho, i have never talked to her and im a bit shy)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Next time you are fairly near to her (dont seek her out coz it will look desperate), just say hi! how u goin? hows ur day been? and if she is a nice girl she will answer and ask you the same thing, always a great start!! the rest of the convo is up to u but people do enjoy talking about themselves so ask her questions. Hope this helps;-)

• 5 years ago

Start off with the basic small talk (Hey! Great to see you! How is new york? How is school?) and then start talking about sports, and the other stuff she is interested in. Before you meet her, think of several conversation topics or questions you can ask to avoid awkward silence. And BE CONFIDENT! That is the most important thing.

• 1 decade ago

try to ask question which is common to both of you. like subjects in the school, or sports that you know well she's good at. or just simply smile at her whenever she passes by. not bad for a starter. make it a habit, so when there's a party or any kind of opportunity to approach her, you can start a conversation. :)

• 1 decade ago

The best pick up line ever:

I wish I was cos^2 and you were sin^2 so together, we'd be 1.

As long as you know that she isn't mathmatically retarded, that'll at least get a jolly old "what the hell?" laugh!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well... since you are shy(i am too) you should at least smile and wave at her... or say hi when you walk by. i had the same problem with a guy i liked and he had no idea who i was. but i continued to say hi and asking him how basketball was going and finally... we started dating. it may take a while but you will be happy you waited.

• 1 decade ago

ask he about stuff she's intrested in.

like if she's in volleyball, ask how's it going, if she likes it, if she likes the people she plays with.

but caution dont get to obsessed with asking the questions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first off don't do the whole math thing. that's dumb. just ask her what she likes and then see if you have things in common

• 1 decade ago

start with you, your family and your closest friends. you can start the conversation with asking all about her and have compliments. about how is your day or her day.

• 1 decade ago

Ask her a question about her....

• 1 decade ago

say hello

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.