kim v asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

About Blank Page?

I have run every free spyware there is that people have told me to run to get rid of this stupid page....Can anyone help me out with a FREE easy way to get rid of it????? It is very annoying...Is it some kind of spy thing? Or what is it exactly? I do not want it. I also ran my computer cleaner (window washer) Webroot....Nothing seems to get rid of it...How did I get it anyway? HELP!!!!! Oh yeah I have Windows Vista if that makes a difference...

Favorite Answer

Your Home page in IE is set to Use Blank. In IE go to tools and select internet options and choose Use Current or Use Default for your home page.

The only spyware software I have found to work is CWShredder. I don't know if you can find a free version or not, but you can probably find a trial version. It really does work! Either that, or change your browser from I.E. to something else. It only seems to be problematic in that browser.

If you have Windows Vista, a tool called Windown defendence will help you.

http://onlinetips.info/

Its probably your home page. Go to control panel -> web/internet options ->general -> type yahoo or hotmail or what ever you prefer where it says home page. apply. ok.

1. open IE

2. click, tools

3. click, Internet options

4. click, general

5. click, use default

A blank page means you can have your home page just blank.