he that leith down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.what does this mean?

post here

Favorite Answer

If you mix with the wrong people you will have to suffer consequences - their bad ways (or "fleas") will rub off on you.

My brother in law is a perfect example. He started hanging round with the wrong crowd and got involved in drink, drugs, ended up on the wrong side of the law, he's totally destroyed his life because of this.

The primary thought that obtained right here to my intellect upon studying this put up was once as soon as 1. WHY is tuition coaching cost is the united states ridiculously luxurious? WHY do colleges want a lot cash? A institution just isn't a institution like Apple or Microsoft. My sister will graduate from her four years of lessons swiftly and the entire coast of coaching pee paid throughout these 4 years....Is OMG an excessive amount of. The variety is almost as so much as the U.S. Country wide debt. 2. Do colleges quite want some huge cash? 3. The USA is currently coping with an economic problem; it is anticipated to be one of the vital worst ever in U.S. Historic prior. So unemployment is a rising obstacle, the economic approach is getting spoiled and there are more harmless residents suffering underneath the poverty line. And i am not in opposition to the federal govt but the federal govt does no longer show up to be sorting it out good. I haven't any suggestion that much in regards to the ecnonomy, so I learned from my sister (she's a business / economics foremost) and i will inform that the nation, the economic system and so on are all facing a crisis. Soo....I don't know however unless the government guarantees to like aid the negative pay for training or something I strongly advocate that faculties do not raise lessons fees. Otherwise...The U.S. Will face a reasonable worse educational hindrance. Does the stuff I typed make feel? Hope it does. And......The fine information is that the high priced coaching price paid to a satisfactory tuition used to be in reality valued at it due to the fact that my sister acquired a satisfactory job 2 weeks earlier than graduation.

It means if you spend time doing something- then you will aquire the consequences of doing so. Usually used in a negative way to insinuate that you should not be spending time with a certain group of people.

Proverbs chapter 13 verse 20 states:

"He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly."

It means that if you associate with bad people, some of it will rub off on you and you will be brought down to their level.

it means if you play with fire you are going to get burned