Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Does this statement sound rude?

I had this in my profile in a networking site in the question of Who I Want To Meet:

"my joanna. I'll tickle her ivories."

please kindly tell me what you think of it? does it really sound bad? not to be rude but I play the piano so I thought of that. I want to know what some people think when they read it especially those who don't know what's a joanna and what "tickling the ivories" is supposed to mean. if that doesn't sound appropriate then maybe I'll just change it..

Favorite Answer

It does sound kinda sexual, but only remove it if you really feel nervous about it, or if people are asking about it .

joanna is rhyming slang for piana

London pronunciation of the piano

the expression "tickle the ivories" means play a tune.

no insult intended i imagine

I don't know what a "joanna" is, but tickling her ivories sounds like a reference to a female performing oral sex on a male.

Sounds as if Joanna's a woman and your pleasing her sexually. That was my first impression anyways.

in case you hadn't defined it, i could have had no thought what that meant. You extra helpful replace it. This has a sexual implication that would desire to offend some people whilst they examine it.

Sounds cool to me

It smacks of sexual innuendo, whether you intend it to or not. Depending on the site, that might be okay, or inappropriate. Your call.

Teeth?

it doesn't sound rude, but it is a little ummmm "interesting..." ?

it might give people the wrong impression...a little innappropriate. but w/e

Is she your piano teacher?