Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Does this statement sound rude?

I had this in my profile in a networking site in the question of Who I Want To Meet:

"my joanna. I'll tickle her ivories."

please kindly tell me what you think of it? does it really sound bad? not to be rude but I play the piano so I thought of that. I want to know what some people think when they read it especially those who don't know what's a joanna and what "tickling the ivories" is supposed to mean. if that doesn't sound appropriate then maybe I'll just change it..

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It does sound kinda sexual, but only remove it if you really feel nervous about it, or if people are asking about it .

• 1 decade ago

joanna is rhyming slang for piana

London pronunciation of the piano

the expression "tickle the ivories" means play a tune.

no insult intended i imagine

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know what a "joanna" is, but tickling her ivories sounds like a reference to a female performing oral sex on a male.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds as if Joanna's a woman and your pleasing her sexually. That was my first impression anyways.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

in case you hadn't defined it, i could have had no thought what that meant. You extra helpful replace it. This has a sexual implication that would desire to offend some people whilst they examine it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sounds cool to me

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It smacks of sexual innuendo, whether you intend it to or not. Depending on the site, that might be okay, or inappropriate. Your call.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Teeth?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it doesn't sound rude, but it is a little ummmm "interesting..." ?

it might give people the wrong impression...a little innappropriate. but w/e

• 1 decade ago

Is she your piano teacher?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.