Is it possible to tattoo a beauty mark?

As in get rid of a beauty mark by tattooing over it with ink that is the colour of one's complexion, making it look like it never existed? Or is it impossible to tattoo over something dark with light coloured ink?

Favorite Answer

No.

That would be like trying to cover up black marker with a white crayon, it just doesn't work.

Talk to a plastic surgeon about a removal.

Hi I have the exact same situation. Except my beauty mark is above my lip to the side of my nose. It's a really nice location. When I was younger it was a dark freckle. Very pretty and sexy looking. Now that Im getting older, it's just turning into sort of an ugly mole, and isnt as dark and prominant as it had been before and it's a bit larger. I talked to a tattoo artist recently about tattooing it. And he said "NO way" He said it can cause it to begin to change and become malignant even if it wouldnt have before. And like a previous answerer said it can hide any future changes that would indicate a skin cancer. He did reccomend having it removed surgically and then he could go ahead and tattoo over the small scar that would be left there after healing. I might go ahead and do that! Good luck to you!!

While it is possible to tattoo over moles and freckles, it is not advisable. Although moles are usually benign, there is always the possibility that a mole could serve as an indicator of cancer. This makes the preservation of a mole or freckle important. In order to note the changes in size and shape of your mole, it is important that it is not tattooed with pigment. Moles and freckles can, however, be tattooed around. Some people incorporate their birthmarks and moles into their piece. This can make for a highly specialized design."

Better safe than sorry- leave your naturally pigmented marks as they are!

• ?

The dark beauty mark will still show through. One of my tats has yellow in it, I have some freckles and you can still see them on my wrist.

• leambi

It would still be visible, you should go to your doctor to ask about removal.

If you don't want it their all you have to do is go to the doc. and have it removed. and you wont have any down time