I'm meeting with an ex-boyfriend tomorrow, but now I'm fat!?

Tomorrow afternoon I'm seeing an ex-boyfriend from 20 years ago who I've been in contact with this year strictly via e-mail. I've sent him a few photos of myself, but only of my face. I'm very nervous about meeting him because over the years I've gained weight due to a medical problem. He, on the other hand, looks fantastic. I am very nervous about meeting with him, that he'll be disappointed in the way I now look. Should I still meet with him, or cancel? He and I are both now married to other people, so it's not as if we're trying to have a relationship again. But still, it's one of those things where I wish I could look amazing to him.

Favorite Answer

Obviously this person still cares about you!! You will only be attractive if you yourself believe you are attractive. Hey, I have put on some pounds myself, but I still think I look pretty good. Meet up with this guy and have a good time. You have so much to talk about for what has happened over the last 20 years. Just remember that your spouses need to be involved as well. I think it is awesome that the two of you have reconnected, I wish I could find a few of my past friends.

I can totally understand what you mean b/c any ex i bump into i would hate to not look like wow. Even if you are not intending to get with him you still want to look good so i just wanna let you know what you are feeling is not ridiculous.

But, do NOT cancel. You should have showed him how you look now but it's too late. Obviously you guys are just friends and married to other ppl and whether for medical reasons or not being fat is not the end of the world. If he is a true person then it shouldn't matter if you are not a size 2

in the experience that your modern boyfriend is as massive as you assert he's, then your ex possibly won't even take place for the combat. until he's a few style of MMA fighter, your ex is going to get stomped. you should end the combat via breaking apart with your modern bf - yet i do no longer think of it somewhat is a thank you to circulate. you additionally could have the law enforcement officers there - yet returned, it somewhat isn't any longer a thank you to circulate the two. you have some adults accessible to interrupt it up. you additionally can call your ex and tell him that it is not significant what he does, he won't be able to have you ever returned.

Well, I wouldn't cancel the visit. However I would just tell him via phone that I have gained weight. It's part of LIFE.. I understand what you mean about wanting to look great it's human nature to want to impress, especially those we haven't seen in a while. But please just Relax, Wear something nice, put of a big smile and go on.. Besides the weight gain probably looks worse to you than it actually is.

first of all does your husband know you are meeting this friend?if so what's the big deal.if it's friendship you desire then it actually has nothiing to do with size.if you were friends then you will be now.we all wish we could look amazing. you got a man, so why are you worried about what this one thinks about you gaining weight.beleive me we all have those hang ups and they're normal. go meet your friend,take your husband,and remember he could be sending you old pics,maybe he won't look as good either.at any rate stop stressing over things that are NOT important.worry about how your spouse feels, not some man from your past.HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I understand that happen to me. But you never know he could feel the same. Don't cancel it go head an see him. Thats a friend not your man. A true friend don't care what you look like, what they care is your friendship. And trust me. Go head and see him. Everyone changes no one stays the same.

• Chloe

If your married why do you need to look amazing that makes no sense are you trying to make him feel like he made a mistake? go and meet him and be friends and just make it like old times

i wouldn't worry about your appearance. people change......... and you shouldn't be nervous about seeing him. just have fun!