What's your belief/stand on artificial implant, cyborg part, nanotechnology in enhancing or extend human life?

does your beliefs or religion support or reject them?

we borgs r prime examples of those technology.

Favorite Answer

I'm all for implants and the like. They can increase lifespan, quality of life, capacity for production and work, and so on. It is an application of human intelligence to further our survival, which is right up there on my list of values.

I don't see how religion would have anything to do with it. Implants are increasingly common; that's simply a fact.

I'm Atheist so I think its up to everyone to decide on their own.

However, let me say this... I have a metal rod in my left leg, without which, I couldn't walk. So... artificial implants, I'm just fine with.

As for nanotechnology, I REALLY wish that actually existed. They'd fix the tendon I ripped in my knee last weak when I slipped, and fell, on some ice outside a convenience store near my house.

• ?

Up to a point; I do not want a chip in my brain so I can interface with a computer, but that's not a religious thing. I've worked around enough scientists to know they don't always really think through the implications of their work. Some are focused only on "can we do this" not "should we do this."

I don't trust human technology to enhance/extend human life.. it's hard enough keeping our bio-machines running perfectly, what with the scientific improvements on the food we consume (hi fat/salt, lo nutrition, chemically sprayed, genetically altered), i'd hate to think what would happen if i had a robo-body. i mean, think of how much time you spend with your car in the shop!

and don't get me started on nanotechnology.. bad idea! (and i'm not just saying that because of my love of playing "Gamma World")

No, Borg are terrible examples. Because you have no sense of the aesthetic; they merely go for functionality.

Source(s): I am all for extreme body-modification and augmentation but not at the price of looking like a motorcycle accident. See also: Ghost in the Shell.

My religion says it's up to the individual.

(And I certainly think that since people already have pace-makers, etc, then why would other medical-technological advances be something to worry about? Until we have babies with lazers shooting from their fingers, of course...)

i think that all these scientists need to leave well enough alone!! look the damn cats they cloned are glowing in the dark i think that someday that were gonna regret all the advances that have been made because were doing nothing but making ourselves obsolete!!

the implants, nanotech, and cyborg parts I agree with, the collective hive mind, not so much...

resistance is useless!

will we have windows or apple running the software is more important, plus will we have a reboot button?