Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 decade ago

how long did it take you, to learn how to whistle without your fingers??

the reason i ask is that i have been practice for some time now and i still can't do it.

Favorite Answer

I never did figure it out. I can't blow bubbles with chewing gum either.

I was surprised to find out that only about 40% of people can whistle a song. I have been able to whistle since I was around 8. Now I can whistle any song I know. I cannot tell you how long it took me to learn, because I do not know. But I can tell you to start by whistling in. It doesn't make the prettiest sound in the world but it is easier to learn this way then transition to outwards blowing. Keep moving your mouth and tongue in different positions till you get a whistle, then try long and short whistles. it all comes with practice. Whistling is a great way to cheer up your day. Good luck

It is hard to practice something that you don't know how to do. I have tried b4, it doesn't work very well. LOL.

Well, for me, I can whistle pretty loudly. My friends and I were messing around on the bus, trying to get different sounds of whistles to come out. Well, I always thought that the whistling with the fingers was cool, so I just tried two times, and got it the third try.

What may help you, is try to position your fingers differently each time, and have your lips tight. It is hard to explain. Some people put their fingers in side, and some, like myself, have to put them on the out sidecorners. Just try different things, and hopefully you will get it.

DON"T BE OFFENDED BY OUR ANSWERS we are passionate about music and the necessary skills needed to perform well and competantly you are daydreaming ..... you don't have to read but if you choose that route you are limiting yourself and slowing down your own ability to learn more music and your opportunities to play with other people an easy and quick example are 2 of the 3 tenors Pavarotti and Domingo .... Domingo the reader has performed and learned nearly 300 roles ... Pavarotti who is not a good reader (he does read) probably around 50 .... Joan Sutherland more than once was tired of postponing recording sessions while Luciano learned the parts NOTE TO JOOLS I have seen that system .... what a nightmare .... its harder to understand than sheet music and only works with piano so it cannot translate to any other instrument .... congrats on playing 16 bars that really is an accomplishment .... so when you need to play piano with someone else and all you have is music (because everyone knows what an accomplished pianist you are) what is gonna happen??? You obviously have talent don't limit yourself nor your talent Dearest Nexttonothing alot of that "he can't read nor write music and is great musician" is a publicist dream come true most of it is a lie for good publicity ... a terrific example is opera singer Franco Corelli's publicity line that he never had a voice lesson LOL a magnificent voice like that doesn't develop on its own

No one here has even attempted to answer this question. Let me try. After visiting many whistling sites, I have learned that it can take DAYS of prolonged effort before you produce your first whistlel-ilke sound. It happens suddenly.. You go along producing only blowing sounds, and....suddenly, there it is, something that's almost a whistle.

I don't remember really because I never think about that. When I learn how to whistle, it did not take a lot of efforts. I was just trying to have some fun, and put my lips together and it just come out. So, what I'm saying is don't push it, just relax, and it will come to you.

I just figured it out one day when I was about 7 years old. Some people have a small gap inbetween their teeth with enables them to wistle very loud when blowing through the gap hard.

But if your not one of those kind of people, then shape your mouth like your sucking on a coffee straw, and force air through\in that little hold and it should work.

I never needed my fingers to whistle

Heh..i never learned to whistle with my fingers...i just learned how to stright up put mouth together and blow...it worked and i never changed it since

• mushy

ive never used my fingers for whistling in the first place, in fact ive tried, but i cant do it

27 years.