Whay have I got red bumps after getting upper lip waxed.?

Help! I had my upper lip waxed a few days ago and I have now come out with red bumps and spots on my upper lip. Any advice?

Favorite Answer

its irritated. put on some cream that'll soothe it. Don't worry. They'll go away in time. I had them too and they disspeared after 2-3 days.

Well, you just yanked a bunch of tiny hairs out by the root! Of course it's red and bumpy! :) It's just irritation and will clear up in a couple of days. I get my eyebrows waxed and I usually have redness and swelling for a day.

Your skin is sensitive to the waxing. It happens to me all the time. I apply a bit of Neosporin to the area and it goes away. Apply the Neosporin as soon as possible after the waxing.

it will go away when you wax over a few months try exfoliating as its probably ingrown hairs thats causing the problem

Source(s): beauty therapist

although it will go down in a couple of days you can try putting a drop of lavender oil on a piece of cotton wool and dabbing it lightly....do not use more than a couple of drops...honestly its all you need x

you desturbed your skin in that area i would just leave it alone or you could make it worse unless you have a cream without any perfumes or dyes in it.