Should we give all of our gifts to the poor instead of each other at Christmas?

Favorite Answer

I am so broke I can only afford to get for my little girl. Bills and gas are killing me. Can't wait till tax time. That will be my Christmas.

• senn

You already have so many answers....u might not need mine...but thn i wud like to say its a good thought....yes you can help the needy this christmas and at the same time greet n gift each other too..but firstly make a big room for those poor ppl....they seriously need it!!!

N i seriously hope tht ur this question touches someone's heart n they imply this......!

That's a great idea !

(but i must admit i love presents)

I will try to help the poor and take less gifts will i be a bad and selfish person if i do so ?

My family always give gifts to the poor during the holidays.

Oh my god what is wrong with you people?? If you look down at the poor you might as well just burn to death!!! Its easy for you to say "It's their fault" but who fu ckin KNOWS what THEIR problem is??? If they're family was poor then the kids will be poor! How is that their fault? 'Get a job'??? Oh very nice.... yea i'd hire the guy with a torn shirt and no certificates of any kind of education as he couldnt afford it to my office... You guyz are jerks and moron!! Whats wrong with these world these days???? I hope all who said No would just burn someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit*

oh sorry Ron, I got carried away... I think that is such a beautiful thing that you even thought of it... I hope you have a wonderfull Christmas!!!

You could buy some gifts from ''good gifts'' or Oxfam etc, where the gift is given to someone who really needs it to ease your conscience. I love getting the good gift cards, and knowing that someone has got a goat to support their whole family

• Jane

well if the mega rich people of the world wanted to be really kind there would be no need for any child to go with out a present at christmas time.

I think we can still give gifts to each other, but we shouldn't be greedy. We could give one or two gifts to each other and give the rest to the needy.

As in life there should be balance.Give what you can to the poor without hurting your familie's needs or inability to pay the bills.

Why don't the "poor" improve themselves, so they would be marketable??

Try getting a job, or creating a business so they can buy their own gifts.

Why do you feel such a need to help those that WILL NOT help themselves???

And IF by chance you happen to be such a person who CAN NOT be taught a marketable skill, well....... welcome to the REAL world...... (or the survival of the fittest.)