Do you still have old vinyl records?

I have a few.

Favorite Answer

Yep, tons. Most of them are insidiously old punk rock records as well. I have a tone of 12 inches, a ton of 45's and I've even got some 78's. I got everything from a glow in the dark picture disk of "Bela Lugosi's dead' by Bauhaus, to every Black Flag 45 made. I have no idea what to do with them, because when I was younger I played them all like non stop for years. Now all I have to do is look at one or pick it up and the entire record plays in my head in a flash. They sit there and stare at me from my shelves, as if to say "Hey, slap us on the turntable and we'll wreck the house!" I usually ignore them.

Source(s): The Misfits, Sex Pistols, The Offenders, the DK's, Minor Threat, the Cramps, the Damned, Stiff little Fingers, Chaos UK, Sham 69, Kicker bois, quiet all of you!

They can be worth plenty, depending on artist(s) and condition of both record and cover. Records, and turntables (not record players), have been making a strong comeback lately. Most critical listeners (including myself) believe that records have a more realistic and pleasing sound to them than CDs do (there are techinical reasons for this that are beyond the scope of your question). Typically, popular but not exceptionally rare albums from those eras go for from $20-60. It is not unusual to get close to $100. There are quite a few alnums that can go for $200-300, and the very rare ones (highest prices) can go for several thousand. Although it's unlikely that you would have one (or more) of those, it would be well worth the trouble to do some research on them individually. Like someone else said, check to see what/if same record sold on eBay. You also might find out more about an individual album by googling something like "Value of Bob Dylan's The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (1963 pressing that has four songs that were deleted from subsequent pressings)." (try that specifically - I won't spoil the surprise, but that would be a nice one to have in your collection!). Just substitute the name of albums you think might be of value and see what comes up.

I have many. Some of them I have replaced them with their CD, but there are others that I cannot find in CD and this annoys me a little. Anyway, I keep them all for sentimental reasons since I started buying vinyl records since I was 8 years old.

Yep!!! And prefer to play them over CD's. There is just something about the sound of that vinyl that takes you back to the days of shopping in record stores for hours and running home to play them!!!!

PLUS....vinyl is an addiction, oops ~ sorry, I meant rubber. My bag!!!

I have a ton, if I see them at a yard sale or something like that I'll snatch them all up. It's probably the most cost effective way I know of to discover music that existed well before I was born.

I also buy new vinyl.

Between 60 and 70

• .

Yes, I have rare collections of LP 33 1/3...

All Italian 's Opera: Puccini, Verdi, Leoncavallo, Mascagni, Donizetti, Rossini and more...

• WC

Yes, about 100.

i'm working on a project right now to convert all my dad's old lp's to cd... my dish rack has become a vinyl drying rack and i've got milk crates full of them against the wall

Yes lots of country and Linda Rondstadt people used to say I looked like her and I loved her song Willin