Please help me understand this: THE ADMINISTRATION OF DEATH ......?

We live entirely a fiction of evolutionism: for capitalism a belief in an eternity of accumulation and progress; for science a faith in an infinite march towards truth, for social manipulation a belief in control from cradle to grave. The profound law of the prevailing social order is therefore not economic but the progressive manipulation of life and death. From birth control to death control it's the same system of extermination. Only now there is no longer any need for actual death. The operation is realized in forced survival which only suicides not made of despair can breach. Society in the post-industrial era is one of slow-death where all time is marked, where all subjects are the (in)voluntary recipients of the unilateral gifts of employment, social security, material/sexual gratification and most of all the incessant bombardment of how one ought to look, think, and act. A living death.

Power always rests in the last instance on the power to put to death - actual, threatened or symbolic. And in the modem case this power operates symbolically by the naturalization, or MEDICALIZATION of life and death. "Primitive" societies treated death as a social relationship, hence the initiation ceremony or sacrificial rite was a shared or social birth and death respectively. No "individual" was ever bom or put to death. This symbolic exchange ends the disjunction between life and death (a concept of naturality which is just part of our modem scientific idealism) and therefore also between real and imaginary. Instead we have autonomized death as an individual fatality, thus absolving society from most responsibility.

-SPK

What is this article talking about?

eglish is not my mother tounge

Favorite Answer

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Armw_...

answer this, then i will give you the answer!

i did not read wat u said but... Please help me understand this: THE ADMINISTRATION OF DEATH ...

WAT R U TRTYING TO ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Your concerns are valid and independently conceived. Good.

The solution is the abandonment of dichotomous thought patterns and the recognition of the interconnectedness of life. This is simple, yet the greatest fear people have is the one of changing ones mind. It is easier to continue along a path of delusion as long as that delusion is common. See Plato's cave. See Daisaku Ikeda-Peace Proposals on http://www.sgi.org/

Source(s): 44 years of study of these concerns

Its a dissertation of despair by an author who thinks this is what life is all about in the 'modern world'. Everything 'controlled' by the secularization of birth and death.

Who is being quoted Marx? Mao, or maybe Al Gore?

No loving God, no joy of salvation, no love or tenderness of motherhood, fatherhood or family..no Hope in any of these words.

I completely agree with this. As a young woman in her twenties I am "supposed" to want to get married, have children, live in the suburbs, etc. I want a different life than that. Marriage and children are not so important to me whereas I would like to go to graduate school for philosophy, have a career teaching college, travel, and continue to grow as a person instead of worrying about growing little people inside of me. Don't get me wrong, I have lots of respect for those who choose children and marriage. However, some of us are criticized for wanting different. I shun most material goods and will not engage in sexually gratifying activities until it means something to me, in general. I spend more time reading and thinking in a month than most do in a year and honestly think that overall I'm happier than most people. I whine about stupid things but I make progress. Most people really are just cattle moving along. Hopefully those of you reading this are not cattle being herded in a direction of society.

The administration of death? ive heard of the 'ministry of sound' and even the ministry of the church of the seventh day adventist,

but to really get to grips with this one I would read all about the life and times of the worlds number one serial killer

Dr HAROLD SHIPMAN, the englisman who was charged with the murder and found guilty of killing more than 200 of his patient,

some say he killed over a1000 patients, he hung him self in prison. his modus operandi would be to inject his victms with an over dose of morphine;

no one knew more about THE ADMINISTRATION OF DEATH ,than he did!

Source(s): ministry of information

AND YOUR QUESTION IS????????